Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

High Performance Sabots

Old 03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: High Performance Sabots

Rebel...that Hog was taken down in south Texas, about 20 min from the border.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Dominant Buck

jcc, back in the late 50's I use to hunt in and around Brownsville,Texas.
I have also hunted in and around Zavala county around Crystal City, Texas.
I have been hunting since 1957.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

jc, sorry I didn't know your personal rules regarding responding to this (your) post. I didn't know that no one could disagree with you.

I'll file that tidbit of helpful info away for the future so I won't forget. Sorry.

If I have a differing opinion (or really anything to say) I'll start my own posting, if that's alright I mean.

Lighten up cowboy.

Uncle Matt (in IL)

Did anyone else find my previous comments to be derogatory about bowhunters (me)?
Old 03-31-2005, 03:53 AM

Nice that these ammo makers are making better sabot slugs, for us shotgun hunters, But only lightfield makes a 16 gauge sabot slug.....Wish i had a better selection on 16 gauge sabot slugs......

Raymond
Old 03-31-2005, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uncle Matt...HuntingNet.com rule #8

Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight."

excessive exchange of confrontational postings....

"Lighten up cowboy. "

"If I have a differing opinion (or really anything to say) I'll start my own posting, if that's alright I mean. "

"I didn't know your personal rules regarding responding to this (your) post. I didn't know that no one could disagree with you. "

Once Again..
Lets try to stick to the subject.....
Old 03-31-2005, 07:29 AM
bigcountry

You have made it clear through repeated posts that you prefer mid and low velocity slugs. That is fine. However that is not really relevent to those individuals who already succesfully shoot high performance sabots and are looking to further increase the effective range of their guns
JC, I am curious how much experience you have with slugguns?

Old 03-31-2005, 07:32 AM
bigcountry

Although making derogatory comments about a group of bow hunters and somehow equating them to shotgun hunters,(huh?) might look cool but it, it also does not add evidence to the discussion at hand.
What, I never saw a bust on bowhunters. You sure you ok man?

Old 03-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigcountry, the quick run down...

I have owned three different dedicated slug guns. Two browning a-bolt fully rifled shotguns, and a Savage 210f slug warrior. Everyone of my hunting partners shoots a rifled slug gun. Last year I went afield for whitetail with around 15 different friends who all shoot rifled slug guns.
I have shot all of the following dedicated slug guns.... Browning a-bolt, Savage 210,H&R Ultra 20 and 12, Mossberg 695 bolt, Ithaca Deerslayer Rifled.
Before shooting rifled guns I used to shoot smoothbore. These were mostly NEF single shots. I have an Ithaca Deerslayer in the closet I am fixing for a friend. I have shot that gun around 20 times since January. The last slugs I shot was two weeks ago from an old Browning sweet 16.

As far as Sabots are concerned in the last year I have shot the folowing. (2 boxes each minimum).

Lightfield Hybred
Lightfield Commander
Remington Core lokt
Remington copper solid
Hornady H2k
Winchester Platinum tip
Winchester partition Gold
Old 03-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uncle Matt (in IL)
[/quote]
Most of the guys jumping all over trying these new sabots are just like the bow hunters who are always looking for a faster bow. You know the guys, first question out of their mouth when looking at someone's bow is, "How fast is it?". Not, "How does it shoot for you?".
Bigcountry...This is the reference to a the group of bowhunter Uncle Matt was trying to equate to shotgun hunters using high velocity Sabots.

I am not sure about you, but when I hear a person accuse someone of not caring about the quality of their shooting.....I view that as a derogatory statement.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: High Performance Sabots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.