Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Great Lowlight Scopes

Old 03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Great Lowlight Scopes

I've got two scope brands I'd like to try before my interest in shooting and hunting is totally gone, a Schmidt & Bender and a U.S. Optics hunting model. Just want to satisfy my curiosity about these two since I'm always hearing how good they are. Just 3 more years of paying my daughter's college tuition and then I'll be able to make it happen.

As far as low light situations are concerned, the Zeiss Conquests I currently own are plenty good enough for me right now. I can see what I need to see, which includes the reticle, well before legal shooting time in the mornings and well after in the evening. Let it be known to all, though, that I do not shoot game when it's not legal to do so, but with these scopes I could if I was a law-breaker.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:22 PM

OLDELK,
WITH REFERENCE TO BUSHNELL TAKING A POUNDING. MY ELITE 3200 EUROPEAN SITS ON A 300 WEATHERBY MAG. MY ELITE 4200 IS ON A SAKO TRG-S IN 7.82 LAZZERONI WARBIRD. I THINK THAT IS PRETTY FAIR EVIDENCE THERE'S NO PROBLEM WITH BUSHNELL DURABILITY.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite scope by far is the swarovski 3x10x42.It is light ,compact and bright enough to see well during legal hunting hours.It is every bit as bright as the 3.5x10x50 leupolds that I have used and is lighter and more compact as well.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stubblejumper, you have made this comment quite a few times in the past compairing the Swarovski 42 being a little brighter then the Leupold 50mm but have you ever made the comparison with the Swarovski 50mm obj. lens? I know you don’t care for 50mm but have you ever checked it out. Just curious.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never tried the 50mm swarovski since I don't need any more brightness than the 42mm lens provides and I want my scopes mounted lower than is possible with the 50mm lenses.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

My best preforming scope now is a Zeiss Diavari VM/V 5-15x42 T
Second: Zeiss Conquest
Third: Pentax Lightseeker II
Fourth: Pentax Lightseeker Handgun Scope, and Leupold M8

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

My best preforming scope now is a Zeiss Diavari VM/V 5-15x42 T
According to a person that owns a retail store in Alabama and sells high end Euro and lots of them and was a confirmed Schmidt user for many years the Zeiss VM 2.5-10x56 doesn't get any better. I have been there with Swarovski and Schmidt myself and super optics but bigger and heavier optics then I want on this rifle. Well I am narrowing down the field but it is a tough decision.. I
Old 03-30-2005, 11:41 AM

I'VE OWNED THE VM 2.5-10X56 ZEISS. IT WAS HEAVY, THE OPTICS WERE BEAUTIFUL, BUT NOT DOUBLE THE PRICE OF THE NEWER BUSHNELL BEAUTIFUL. I WENT THROUGH SCMIDT-BENDER TOO. STILL HAVE A FIXED 8 POWER ON AN OLDER BROWNING, GREAT SCOPE, BUT HAVE YOU PRICED BENDERS LATELY? OUCH!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Swampman,
Your right on the money as usual
Old 03-30-2005, 01:07 PM

THANK YOU OLD ELK. WAS THAT A SIDEWAYS COMPLIMENT OR THE REAL THING? CAN'T EVER TELL ON HERE.

Quick Reply: Great Lowlight Scopes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.