Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sights on a Shotgun

Old 03-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sights on a Shotgun

Hello All,

I am putting a set of truglo fiber optic sights on my Stoeger 2000 today. I already mounted the front sight. I placed it as far forward as I could, right up against the factory bead.

However, I don't know where I should place the rear bead. Where should I put it along the barrel? All the way to the rear?

Also the sights are very tight on the rib. So I can only mount it once because I am sure it is damaging the finish. So I have to be exact.

Thanks in advance.
Tom
Old 03-26-2005, 07:21 PM

Default RE: Sights on a Shotgun

Put it as far forward as you can focus on it well. Your eyes ain't gonna get any younger. Another fact is it will affect the elevation of the shot. I hope there's enough adjustment to cancel that out. [X(]
Old 03-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

So would about mid barrel be about right then as long as I can focus on it.

Also if I told you that right now at about 25 yards it is hitting about 7" to 8" low, would that change your opinion of the placement of the rear sight.

Thanks
Tom
Old 03-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like to put as much space between my sights as possible and still get a good focus on the sights, If You have quite abit of upperward adjustment on your back sight that should take care of getting it to hit your point of aim, if not you may have to invest in a different pair of sights.