Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

tikka or savage

Old 03-25-2005, 02:12 PM

Default RE: tikka or savage

I would go with the tikka because they are great guns and some of my friends have shot savage rifles and tehy said that they would never buy one again because of the way it performed and tehy have shot tikkas and they said they were one of the best guns they have shot.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

CT, I would go with the Savage also!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing will outshoot the Savage out of the box. Also they don't blow up on you.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: VINNYB

I would go with the tikka because they are great guns and some of my friends have shot savage rifles and tehy said that they would never buy one again because of the way it performed
examples????????? what performance issues??? before you make a statement like that, please have some data to back it up. I have NEVER heard a person say, "I owned a newer Savage bolt action, and it performed horribly" granted some of the older Savages get a bad wrap, (I have heard some bad feedback on the older lever actions) but as far a the new 110, 111's...........all positve.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the tikka because they are great guns and some of my friends have shot savage rifles and tehy said that they would never buy one again because of the way it performed and tehy have shot tikkas and they said they were one of the best guns they have shot.

mossyoak is exactly right....give some details instead of pure hearsay.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Put a fancy stock on a savage and it looks pretty decent from 25 yards away or so, but the closer you get the worse it gets, blocky, ugly barrel nut, goofy looking trigger (accutrigger), it just looks cheap to me. Sorry don't mean to hurt your feelings, tastes differ. If I wanted to change calibers, I'd use my encore, and do it in 2 minutes. I think the tikka is a better rifle out of the box. I don't have anything against them, they will easily do anything you want them to, and are accurate and usually a good bargain.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Spike

I've seen some ugly pictures of the tikka blowing up and some angrey owners that were not satisfyed on how the company was backing up the problem. I don't own either one of these brands of rifles however I do know plenty of hunters out there that stand by their savage no matter what model they own. Based on the info that I've read or have wittnessed my vote would go to the Savage because I like the best riffle for the honest dollar, which means quality does not take second place, and pretty does not always mean first.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:44 AM

ORIGINAL: CBASS77

I've seen some ugly pictures of the tikka blowing up and some angrey owners that were not satisfyed on how the company was backing up the problem. I don't own either one of these brands of rifles however I do know plenty of hunters out there that stand by their savage no matter what model they own. Based on the info that I've read or have wittnessed my vote would go to the Savage because I like the best riffle for the honest dollar, which means quality does not take second place, and pretty does not always mean first.
Savage over ANY Tikka! Bill T.

http://www.helsinginsanomat.fi/engli.../1101978285825
Old 03-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on whether you handload or not and also if you care about accuracy. I know the Tikka comes with a 1 MOA accuracy guarentee. I doubt the Savage does. If you handload you MIGHT be able to get the Savage to shoot as well as the Tikka but if you want a rifle that will shoot that well out of the box guarenteed, want a smooth-as-silk action, and a trigger that is as good as any I've tried you will be happy with the Tikka. That's why I bought mine.

Here's a 5 shot group with Partitions. First shot was fouling shot.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take those Tikkas with smooth as silk bolts, and let them ride in the back window of a truck for hundreds of miles on dusty roads and see how smooth it is when that coyote jumps out in front of you!

My point is this, the Savage rifles do not have the smoothest or tightest fitting bolts, they are not the prettiest looking guns on the market, BUT they don't cost a lot, can shoot pretty darn good, have very strong actions, and you don't have to be afraid to get a little dust on them or put a scratch on the stock. I have an older 110 (bought in 1999) and it has been through some of the nastiest tangles you can imagine. It sits right next to me when I head out deer hunting. I would be afraid to do that to a Tikka, they are just too good looking.

Quick Reply: tikka or savage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.