Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

tikka or savage

Old 03-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tikka or savage

I have the tikka T3 laminated stainless in 338 Win Mag. The tikka is an excellent rifle, accurate, good trigger, great fit and finish. I've never been much of a savage fan, good guns but ugly, very ugly, and I can't stand that barrel nut. They just feel cheap to me. Get the tikka you won't regret it.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

and I can't stand that barrel nut.
Tht barrel nut lets me change barrels in less than 15 minutes. Can you do that with your Tikka?
Old 03-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, I've found that my Tikka's trigger is every bit as good as my Savage's Accu-Trigger once I adjusted it. It was as simple as inserting an allen key through the magazine well and giving it about 3/4's of a turn counterclockwise (and it is a "user-adjustable trigger, with the directions in the manual). The fit and finish of the Tikka is better than any Savage, and the composite stock is a far cry better then the Savage. Yes, the action is a fixed length with the bolt stop used to vary the bolt throw length. Mine is a .300 WSM, which means that almost all of the action length is used and I can cycle the bolt without breaking cheek weld.

I'll let the accuracy speak for itself. This is a load workup that I shot today. It was the first time I tried the "ladder method," so there is no one discrete group for each load. I labeled the shots on order they were fired. The "big" group has six shots in it.

Mike

Old 03-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

CT JERRY,

Check out this post left a while ago. That answers the question for me.

I agree with handwerk, they are ugly.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=854440
Old 03-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The savage gets an upper hand from the get go, due to the accutrigger.
The accutrigger is fine but obviously you haven't shot a Tikka. Trust me the Tikka has one of the best and most easily adjustable triggers to come standard on any factory rifle. You will not have to have any work done to a Tikkas trigger. Both are fine guns however. If money is a concern the Savage will probably be cheaper. For all around features and looks I would take the Tikka.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:23 AM

TIKKA I have a T-3 Lite blue in 300wsm it is the best out of the box rifle I have ever had It shoots great has great trigger from the factory with out any gagittery. As for savage NO THANKS a buddy resently had a problem with one of his and had little or no help from there factory repair shop. as for american made I have really had a hard time latly with that term in the firearms busniess. guns with flaws from the factory, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, triggers that need work to start, amoung other things. The last few guns Ive bought have been tikka FN and CZ all are excellent.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

If money is an issue, get the Savage. If you can get a fair deal, get the Tikka. I like the Tikka. Larry
Old 03-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Josh Sorensen

I've never been much of a savage fan, good guns but ugly, very ugly, and I can't stand that barrel nut.
ugly I think not...........

Old 03-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

..375" and .52" outta the box!!!! accuracy issues........i think not.

Savage 111 in 300 RUM. NO modifications to trigger, action, barrel!!

Old 03-25-2005, 12:13 PM

SAVAGE!

Quick Reply: tikka or savage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.