Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Can't decide

Old 03-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can't decide

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Savage 116Fss--No comment
hey oeh, is that no comment because you have something bad to say? or is it that you have no data and do not wish to comment on something that you are unfamiliar with?....I mean come on, this is huntingnet!!! Nobody would ever say something about a gun that they dont have cold hard facts about would they????????????? (I wished they had an emoticon of a smilie stirring a pot!)
Old 03-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey oeh, is that no comment because you have something bad to say? or is it that you have no data and do not wish to comment on something that you are unfamiliar with?....I mean come on, this is huntingnet!!! Nobody would ever say something about a gun that they dont have cold hard facts about would they????????????? (I wished they had an emoticon of a smilie stirring a pot!)
Feeling a little insecure are you?

Since I never owned one I won't comment on it ..I have owned every other on that list and feel pretty qualified to voice my opinion on them.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Feeling a little insecure are you?
Not at all!!! When have you EVER known me to be insecure, I just like starting trouble. I guess you misunderstood my post/humor.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to go with the Sako. Good Luck.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:53 AM

Thanks guys for all the info. Just one more question,What's the diffrence between the Sako and the Tika?
Old 03-09-2005, 05:31 AM

Sako's are finished a little better... the Tika's are shooters and largely over looked... if people only knew...
Old 03-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sako's are finished a little better... the Tika's are shooters and largely over looked... if people only knew...
Ok fill us in on what we should know or maybe better yet let me tell you. The Sako has 4 action lengths vs 1 action lengths for the Tiika. It has all steel construction vs aluminum/plastic/steel construction. It has a 3 lug action vs 2 lug . A steel floorplate or a magazine vs Polymere . The magazine opening on a Sako is also larger not a milled oval slot like a Tikka , a consideration when loading a gun with gloves on a cold day. The only similiarity is the barrel. Based on current prices of Tikkas I seriously doubt they are overlooked , you couldn't give me one.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not at all!!! When have you EVER known me to be insecure, I just like starting trouble. I guess you misunderstood my post/humor.
Oh Ok you know I never stir the pot either. Actually I have owned just one savage rifle and didn't care for it but it was a long time ago and I am sure based on the reports I hear that their accuracy and quality has gotten much much better.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I would say look at the savage. Mine has been surprisingly accurate and durable. If you want something a little prettier go with the M70.. both inexpensive and you could always top it with a good scope with the money you save.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know you did not choose the Ruger.....I have a .338 and the love the love the gun. Have it in stainless stel and sythetic stock.

Quick Reply: Can't decide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.