Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Howa Rifle odd marks on stainless

Old 02-26-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Howa Rifle odd marks on stainless

I have a Howa Thumbhole Sporter I've noticed that after keeping it in the case for a few months its developing small little markings on the metal..it almost looks like someone took a pencil and drew little squiggly lines in certain areas. I can't seem to get it off...I've tried several cleaners nothing seems to work, any ideas??. Also, what kinds of cleaner/protectant should i use for the laminate stock? I have been just rubbing it down with a damp cloth.

Thanks

Old 02-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Howa Rifle odd marks on stainless

Good rule of thumb: Never store your guns in a padded case. Never. It just does bad things to them. Either they leach oil and sometimes bluing or they hold moisture and rust your gun, they just are not good for guns. They're made to transport your guns, that's why they've got handles and don't weigh very much, they're not made for storage.

If it seems to be a kind of greenish oily nasty stuff, it's corrosion. Buff it really well and you'll be fine.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:21 AM

Default RE: Howa Rifle odd marks on stainless

Thanks Nomercy