Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good shotgun for females

Old 02-22-2005, 05:18 PM

Default good shotgun for females

I was just wondering, what is the best shotgun (12 gauge) for females. I looked at a few youth guns at the gun show....would that be good enough for skeet shooting, turkey, geese...ect? The reason Im asking is my dad's shotguns is as big as me. I can shoot well with them, but it looks way too big for me. I know the smaller they are, the more kick it has.....what do you guys suppose?

Melissa
Old 02-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: good shotgun for females

I'll recommend a gas operated semi auto in 20 gauge. Take a look at the Beretta AL391 or Franchi's 620 or 720 for a small and light weight gun. For a little bigger and heavier gun look at the Beretta's 390, 3901 or the Browning Gold. All of them would make a great choice for all around use. They all have very good quality, a lot of features, and balance well.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:29 PM

If she is a small framed person,a semi auto or ported barrel 20 gauge.BUT take her to a range and rent a gun for her to shoot.Try a 12 AND a 20.See what she thinks.
I started a friend off on a NEF single shot 20.My mossberg 12 almostt knocked her over.A 20ga pump would be best.But try several at a range first.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:29 AM

I would look at Benelli's, especially since you said 12 ga. Light recoil and easy to customize to fit YOU. Either the Legacy or the supersport would be my first choice. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:12 AM

I usally would say for a woman to go to the youth model 20 ga.870,or the 1100.Depending how big she is.Or the regular 20ga.870 express.The 20 will do all needed to do ,a 3" 20ga shell is the same as a 12 ga 2 3/4 for getting most of what you need to get done. vangunsmith. less recoil
Old 02-23-2005, 07:21 PM

a nice 20ga or a 12ga u can custom the to fit u
Old 02-24-2005, 02:35 AM

I just got a Stoeger single shot 20 gauge for my girlfriend. It has a 26 in barrel with vent rib and screw in choke. I paid $105. I am somewhat impressed by the gun for the money I think it is about the best single shot shotgun I have ever seen. The recoil pad seems to be good quality and it has a safety that if engaged while the hammer is down will not let you cock the hammer or pull the trigger and the if on safe when the gun is cocked will not let the gun fire. The only thing I was disappointed in is that when you brake it open the spent shell doesn't eject (another single shot a buddy used to have did and I liked that unless I was unloading a live round) but rather the extractor lifts the shell a little to allow the shooter to manually extract the round. Otherwise the gun seems to point well and I like the vent rib, an excellent starter gun for anyone.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pa_Sniper

If she is a small framed person,a semi auto or ported barrel 20 gauge.BUT take her to a range and rent a gun for her to shoot.Try a 12 AND a 20.See what she thinks.
I started a friend off on a NEF single shot 20.My mossberg 12 almostt knocked her over.A 20ga pump would be best.But try several at a range first.

Right-on PA_Sniper!!!

KEEP ON ROOTING!!!