Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nosler AccuBond

Old 02-12-2005, 02:05 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Nosler AccuBond

What's the point in considering the Accubond?
The partition is proven over & over again as top of the list for elk, moose, bear, deer or anything else in N. America that walks on 4 legs and weighs over a hundred pounds. IMHO gg.
1. Higher BC
2. Points don't get knocked around cause polermer
3. Who needs a reason?
4. Partitions never had the repuation for being extreamely accurate. Accurate enough however.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your gun doesn't like partitions why not try these ...they have similiar expansion characteristics and retain probably a little more weight but who cares. I would imagine it would be an optimum bullet for magnum calibers on really big game
Old 02-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

The "Accubond" is a nosler Partition, with a Bonded core, Ballistic Tip point in a boat tailed design.....
Actually the Accubond is not the same. Partition is as the name implies, 2 sections separated by copper ond no bonding of the lead to the jacket material. Separation is prevented physically by the lower lead in the base being mostly encased in the jacket behind the partition. The Accubond is like other bonded bullets, chemically bonded lead to the jacket to reduce separation. I think the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw is a partition that is also bonded.

As I've mentioned I've had separation issues with the Part. Don't get me wrong, I think the Partition is a great bullet. I just like the accuracy of the Accubond better and the fact the tips won't get deformed after loading and unloading or shooting the rifle (shells in magazine well). Now if they'd just make a Partition with a ballistic tip I think that would be a great improvement, maybe bond the nose section lead.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the correction on that Power..
Old 02-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happy to help. I have liked shooting Nosler bullets for a few years now and they just keep getting better. I tried some Hornady bullets but for some reason didn't shoot as well in my rifles. It's a great time to be a handloader but even the factory stuff is making it harder to justify the cost and time of doing it yourself.

I also researched a few of the other ballistic tipped bonded bullets out there now and I believe the Accubond would be best for deer and elk. I've shot the Scirocco but there seems to be more copper in the jacket and I think it penetrates further but tends to impart less energy. Same with the Interbond from Hornady. I like the thinner jacket on the nose of the Accubond, looks like it'll open up a little faster and transfer energy to the animal for the hydroscopic shock value (better for smaller game like deer) but with being bonded should still stay together well and penetrate pretty far too for a good wound channel.

Of course, this is just my brain and what I am theorizing. I could be all wet as I've not actually had a chance to shoot anything with them yet save paper targets (which they are very accurate).
Old 02-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Goodguy

What's the point in considering the Accubond?
The partition is proven over & over again as top of the list for elk, moose, bear, deer or anything else in N. America that walks on 4 legs and weighs over a hundred pounds. IMHO gg.
If you dont reload and buy premier ammo, I believe Remington no longer puts Partitions on their .30-06 premier ammo. The switched everything except Ulta Mag ammo to Accubond
Old 02-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you dont reload and buy premier ammo, I believe Remington no longer puts Partitions on their .30-06 premier ammo. The switched everything except Ulta Mag ammo to Accubond
BTW, Remington does not load the Nosler Accubond, they do however load Swift Scirocco (the first bonded polymer tip bullet on the market). I believe you maybe refering to the Accutip which is a Ballistic Tip style bullet(not bonded). Your right Remington has gone away from Nosler in number of offerings instead pushing the Ultra Corelokt.