Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Inferior Rounds

Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 PM

Default RE: Inferior Rounds

this kid had good ideas. im gonna sell al my guns and hunt exclusively with magnums and a 20 ga. and im going to start trimming my toenails with a 3500 rpm dremel tool. same principal right? so im thinking 270 wsm for squirels and birds and the 300 wsm for coyotes and varmints and we'll save the mighty 20 ga for geese, deer and turkeys
Old 03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: yote_dude

this kid had good ideas. im gonna sell al my guns and hunt exclusively with magnums and a 20 ga. and im going to start trimming my toenails with a 3500 rpm dremel tool. same principal right? so im thinking 270 wsm for squirels and birds and the 300 wsm for coyotes and varmints and we'll save the mighty 20 ga for geese, deer and turkeys

Stick in your pipe and smoke......OK?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:37 PM

I can't help but laugh at this kid.

I can just see it now. He spends $10,000 to go on a hunt in Alaska. Only to find out his ammo didn't make it their. He goes to a shop and can't find any 300 loudenboomer shells.

And I love his comment on patter from a shotgun doesn't matter, only pellet count. That was priceless.

If he shoots rabbits with a 12 or 20 gauge, I bet his dentist loves him. Always fixing broken teeth and all.

I'm not even going to try and argue his "theories". I would have better luck talking to this can of pepsi in front of me. I'm not sure, but I think my coon hound is laying here on the floor laughing at this kid also.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 PM

ahhh..its called sarcasm..lighten up
ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: yote_dude

Stick in your pipe and smoke......OK?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuckMaster7

The .410, 28, and 10 gauge are useless. Especially the .410 and 10 gauge. Why even bother with these gauges? The 20 gauge is light and far superior than those other two small gauges. Also, why would you bother with a 16 gauge? Most of the 16 gauges are built onto a 12 gauge frame to begin with. I would love to see these gauges become extinct. I can't wait till the WSSM and WSM take over the other calibers which are inferior. I have a whole list of inferior rifle rounds that should not be made anymore The WSSMs and WSMs (the 7mm was ruined though) are certainly here to stay. It's too bad they screwed the 7mm WSM. Since, the 7mm WSM has a shorter neck they can't efficiently shoot 175 grain bullets. The shorter neck is what reduced the popularity of the 7mm WSM which is too bad. It was the flattest shooter out of the WSM's. Wake up people, there's a revolution going around.
bud you are a dumb A**, by the way my favorite inferior cartridge is the 351 WCF bet you never heard of it, usually ignorant fools like yourself dont know much about the histories and origins of cartridges which make every cartridge very unique. Also I hate to burst your bubble the WSM and WSSM cartridges I really doubt will ever become as popular or as dominant as the 308, 30-06 300 win mag, 7 mag etc as you seem to think. I will say the WSSM cartridges may stick around for awhile but the WSM's are already fading out dying away in popularity. since winchesters spoof of WSM and WSSM cartridges they are seriously lacking in rifles available in standard cartridges I can tell you of rifle sales winchester missed out because they didnt have the rifles i wanted in 6mm and 22-250 I'm just one guy who would have bought 2 rifles from winchester in the past year but think about if this happened to me think about how many other winchester patrons that happened to which resulted in them buying other brands. with that kind of marketing ethics it will only be a matter of time before the wave of the WSM and WSSM cartridges die out and hit US repeating arms where it hurts then they will have to resort back to standard cartridges. well atleast you seem content living in your fairy tale world of WSM and WSSM being the final authority in the cartridge world. [][]
Old 03-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

now that i have calmed down a bit its time reflect on this kids post LOL

I about swallowed my wad of copenhagen black when i about fell out of my chair laughing my brains out. BLAHAHAH!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

after reading sevarl more of buckmaster7's posts I have literally had enough.

Amen to who ever posted, only idiots argue with idiots.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:10 PM

270,308,30-06 are here to stay! heres my opion. people that upgrade there rifles to mag or wsm calibers have no convidence in there shooting. most shoots are with in 100 yards and as far out to 300-350 yards if my 308 (270,280,30-06) cant take most big game (except maybe big bears) at these distances there is something wrong. remember one thing when picking your next caliber.ITS NOT THE GUN ITS THE GUNNER. shot placment is most importent. there is no animal in the world that can live with a hole in its heart.none.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:46 PM

only idiots argue with idiots.
well i dont want to be an idiot, but i have used a .410 for hunting grouse and rabbits and i think it is an excellent gun, i also use a 20ga for the same purpose, the only differece i can tell you between the two, is that with the 20ga is that you can shoot at a farther distace and get a wider shot pattern when you try and shoot while the bird are in flight. now if you use a 12 ga, you will pretty much make hamburger meat, i think the 12ga is the best for goose and duck hunting because you get better velocity.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

jaybird2 wrote:
270,308,30-06 are here to stay! heres my opion. people that upgrade there rifles to mag or wsm calibers have no convidence in there shooting.
I agree that the 30-06 and 270 class cartridges are here to stay, but the rest of the statement is pretty broad don't you think? I bought my first magnum rifle this past year after 25 years of deer hunting. Why did I buy it? There are several reasons and not a single one was due to my lack of shooting confidence. I bought it because I wanted it, I could afford it, I wanted something new and different, and it might come in handy one day. Did I need it? Certainly not as I have taken deer with much less powerful rounds...such as the 30-30.

I'm sure there are people who buy magnum rifles and expect them to make up for poor shot placement, poor hunting skills and poor marksmanship. Magnum cartridges are not required to kill game but there are hunters and situations that warrant their use.

Quick Reply: Inferior Rounds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.