Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Inferior Rounds

Old 02-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Inferior Rounds

The .410, 28, and 10 gauge are useless. Especially the .410 and 10 gauge. Why even bother with these gauges? The 20 gauge is light and far superior than those other two small gauges. Also, why would you bother with a 16 gauge? Most of the 16 gauges are built onto a 12 gauge frame to begin with. I would love to see these gauges become extinct. I can't wait till the WSSM and WSM take over the other calibers which are inferior. I have a whole list of inferior rifle rounds that should not be made anymore The WSSMs and WSMs (the 7mm was ruined though) are certainly here to stay. It's too bad they screwed the 7mm WSM. Since, the 7mm WSM has a shorter neck they can't efficiently shoot 175 grain bullets. The shorter neck is what reduced the popularity of the 7mm WSM which is too bad. It was the flattest shooter out of the WSM's. Wake up people, there's a revolution going around.
What's frightening is this is the future of our sport.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:36 PM
bigcountry

You know oldelk, the poster didn't even deserve a reply from me. You wasted 10 seconds replying to him that you can't get back. I mean if you see an ant on the ground, do you ever wonder what he thinking? No, you stomp it and walk on. Its an ant, insignificant.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes but he is the future of our sport and has to be told in a nice way that he is full of it
Old 02-03-2005, 01:31 PM

well, I'm not substantially older than Mr. Wizard that started this thing, but I don't agree with him regardless.

First, I have serious doubts as to whether he's ever shot a goose. I have extensively hunted geese for the past 10 years in the major flyway of the Mississippi River system in E. Arkansas. The hunting season there lasts from November until March, everday. I would venture to say I have killed well over 2,000 birds in that time.

On snow geese in Arkansas, you are allowed to use lead shot. They are a nuisance and destroy fields. The best thing to kill a goose with? #4 buckshot, out of a 10 or 12 guage.

I have seen geese at 30 yards shot with a 20 guage and not stop flying, especially with small steel. Sometimes BB, BBB, and even T won't knock 'em out of the air. Geese can take off of the ground if they have steel in them and did NOT get knocked off their feet. Geese are an amazingly though animal, and if you hunt them with 20 guages exclusively, you will miss many opportunities for dead birds when the 20's larger cousins will get you dinner.

I do not understand the "fad" of these short magnum calibers. I understand the helpfulness of having a lighter gun that employs a shorter action, but that's just a personal fit to individual hunters and shooters. And I'm not a particularly smart man, but I understand enough to know that if everything else is held equal, the same caliber will have superior ballistics out of a case with more powder.

If you think for one minute that the .270 Winchester and .30/06 Springfield are on the way out because of some "progressive" short magnums, you are just sorely mistaken. I'd rather have 2-.270 Winchesters than 1-.270 WSM, which for the money, that's about how it works.

And if you think I'm going to be giving up my 7MM Rem Mag for a SAUM, again, you are just wrong.

Live and let live dude. If you like it, use it. If you don't like it, don't use it. But don't degrade me for liking something you dislike.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:24 PM

10 gauge with buckshot for deer? You're kidding me.
Buckshot isn't legal in Hoosier Country, so no, I'm not refering to buckshot.

For the most part, they get wounded
Could be, I have no experience with buck shot.

If you're talking about 10 gauge 3 1/2 slugs, the 20 gauge still beats it
How do you figure that? Let's look at Federal's ballistics table: A 10 gauge 1.7 oz (766 grain) hollow point slug leaves the muzzle traveling at 1280 fps packing 181 ft/lbs. The 20 gauge .7 oz (328 grain) hollow point slug leaves the barrel 1680 fps and 133 ft/lbs of energy. The 20 gauge is moving 400 fps faster yet the 10 has an extra 48 ft/lbs of energy. Out at 100 yards, the 10 gauge is moving 970 fps and 104 ft/lbs of energy. On the other hand, the 20 gauge is moving at 1111 fps yet only has 58 ft/lbs of energy. The 10 gauge has almost twice as much energy. Where I hunt, knockdown power is much more critical than speed. Please, I'm begging you, don't tell me what gauge is best for where I hunt. Around here, the 10 is better than the 20. However, the 12 has them both beat, but that's a whole 'nother thread.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

He who talks by the yard , but thinks by the inch, shall be booted by the foot. [8D]
Old 02-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey give Buckmaster some credit, many teenagers get all of their knowledge about guns from playing counterstrike, at least he's done a little bit of research instead of just spouting off about how the Desert Eagle and the OICW are L33T and everything else is junk.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can tell its the off season. 5 pages of arguing with a wall.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone else has chimed in on the troll's thread, guess I'll put my 2 cents in.....

He's a smart @$$ kid looking to pee on the hotwire just to see what happens.

Either that, or he's a shotgun Hitler, and I got a feeling marine riflemen are on their way.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Briman

Hey give Buckmaster some credit, many teenagers get all of their knowledge about guns from playing counterstrike, at least he's done a little bit of research instead of just spouting off about how the Desert Eagle and the OICW are L33T and everything else is junk.
BAHAHAHAHA! My brother's one of the counterstrike people. He thinks that because he plays video games, it's making him a better marksman. I just laugh in his face

Quick Reply: Inferior Rounds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.