Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

30-40 Kraig

Old 01-27-2005, 12:28 PM

Default 30-40 Kraig

I was just wondering if anyone has or would know where someone could pick up a 30-40 Kraig. My dad had one that he gave to my brother many years ago and my brother being the goof that he is sold it. It was one sweet shooting rifle. I would like to find another one somewhere that wouldn't cost me an arm or a leg.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2005, 04:33 PM

Default RE: 30-40 Kraig

I've got one, but not interested in parting with it - sorry!

I do love that slick working action - smoothest bolt action I have ever worked!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out shops that sell guns on consignment and pawn shops. I've seen them range in price from $250- 1500 depending on condition. A lot of Springfield Krag rifles have had their stocks cut down and have been drilled for a scope to be used as homemade and cheap hunting rifles, these will be on the cheap end of the spectrum.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

6or 8 years ago Winchester made a run of them in the Model 95. I had one for a while. There should be some of them floating around. The Krag rifles are few and far between and finding one in good condition is tougher yet. A Custom rifle would be the best route IMO. I will try to get some info from a friend of mine who has several original Krag rifles. You may be able to rechamber a Marlin rifle or have one rebarreled. It may work with a 307 Winchester as well.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:02 PM

Ruger chambered some in their No. 3 carbine, and made a commeritive run in the No. 1.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a couple of those Number three rifles. I had one in 45-70. That little gun would rattle your teeth when it went off. They were to light for real 45-70 loads.