Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

kimber vs. remington

Old 01-24-2005, 12:07 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: kimber vs. remington

They sent me a nice reply stating that their barrels were button rifled. I was glad to hear that since the only hammer forged barrels I've had that are worth a darn are the Sakos.
Totally agree. I wonder who makes them for them? Savage still button rifles theirs too.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:58 AM

I would say, scratch the kimber and remington...go with a Winchester Mod 70 featherweight. You can also get this in .270 WSM and it has the pachmyr recoil pad. Pretty looking gun, good shooter. Cant go wrong with a winchester rifle. it is available for under 700 dollars at most dealers.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:42 PM

Kimber is superior in quality to any Remington, Winchester, or any other production rifle manufactured here in the US or over seas. I have two and both are not just shooters, but I would bet the deed to my property they would out shoot any production rifle out of the box. Kimber is a complete package, they focus on accuracy and make a finely finished rifle. I thought I had Remingtons, Winchesters, Brownings, and even a CZ that were "real shooters" until i bought the first Kimber, night and day for those who are good enough to tell the difference.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:54 PM

USMC PMI, do you have any experience with the 84M Montana? Specifically, I'd like to know how the recoil is on the .308? I'd assume it isn't significant, but I do realize the rifle is very light. Also, I've only heard about marginal (considering the price) accuracy in a few articles (i.e., 1.5 inch groups on average with factory loads). Any help you could provide could push me over the edge on this purchase. Much appreciated.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:04 PM

I have looked at the Montana but don not own one. Both of mine are the Classic, in .308 and .270 WSM, neither kick enough to bother me. Not sure who tested the rifle in the articles but both of mine from a bench vise, using a trigger actuiator will fire under 3/8" FIVE shot groups. Now if you , me and five other people sit behind those same rifles, we will get three different results, I wish some of these so called "gun writer and testers" would learn that. From a solid base and having no chance of trigger pull effecting the shot, and lack of wind and similar weather conditions we are on an equil playing field. For example I have tested several Winchester Coyote's, a few Remington Taticals that will fire the same 3/8" group at 100 yards but only with three shots, five shots spread out like butter to about 1/2 to 3/4" with almost any factory rifle, I can speak for two Kimbers that do not. Either way good luck.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Fat-Arrow

I'm not sure that i like the blind magazine though!
Can you 'splain to me what a blind magazine is?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:02 PM
bigcountry

scratch the kimber and remington...go with a Winchester Mod 70 featherweight
Holy cow, you have shot the kimber and the winchester and would pick the winchester? I just got to shoot my first kimber and was impressed with its groups and wood.

Old 01-27-2005, 04:03 AM

The blind magazine is basically built into the stock, there isn't a floor plate that you can release to unload the rifle. Not to compare quality but in function only, the Remington ADL's for example have a blind magazine. I am not a fan simply because this makes unloading a bit of a pain in the neck.

I have nothing against Winchester and own a few but they simply can not hold a candle to Kimber's quality or accuracy. As factory production rifle prices climb the Kimber becomes an even better value, they have kept their price increases slight to say the least. The only complaint I have is the wide scope of prices that I have seen from dealer to dealer.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...35&type_id=038

this is a little more expensive but it's worth it.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:34 AM
bigcountry

oooh, I want one. Didn't realize browning came out with a Ti model.

Man, if I had to choose between kimber and that Ti model, it would be a hard choice.

Quick Reply: kimber vs. remington

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.