Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

American Gun Co.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default American Gun Co.

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about American Gun Co. New York

We were cleaning out my grandpa's house after he died and i found this 12 guage double barrel and the stock is scratched i was wodering if anybody knew if the barrels are damascus or twist steel of if they would be capable to handle newer loads

If capable to handle new loads i may fix this gun up to shooting par this summer but if it would be hard to do or if the barrels are bad i will just keep it as an antique

Thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 04:26 AM

Default RE: American Gun Co.

American Gun co was known as a "Hardware Store Brand" that was produced by Crescent Firearms Co. They were produced in Damascus and Fluid Steel barrels. Have a good gunsmith to check it out to ensure that it's in firing condition.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:03 PM

Default RE: American Gun Co.

Sometimes those "hardware store" brands had a fluid steel barrel, and put a fancy damascus impression to make them look like more expensive guns. My Cresent says Cresent, which is why I bought it. [8D]