Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rust on new barrel. How much?

Old 01-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rust on new barrel. How much?

I just purchased a new 26" three step (3.0" to 2.75" to 2.5") tapered barrel for a T/C, and it has rust on it. I am going to try and make a deal with the company I purchased it from, and see if they will deduct from the price the cost of reblueing. The barrel is extremely rare, and they only have one more, and I don't know if it is rusted also. How much would it cost to have the barrel professionaly blued? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rust on new barrel. How much?

If the barrel is new, I'd first contact the seller and see what they have to say. If they don't want to stand behind it, call T/C. Thier customer service is excellent and should take care of it for you. Its certainly not your fault and you shouldn't be expected to spend a dime on it.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rust on new barrel. How much?

Ditto
T/C fan! is right about T/C's Customer Service. If your dealer won't make it right call T/C.T/C's C.S. is one of the best.Explain the situation.I'll almost put money on it, they will swap it out or at very least reblue it at N/C.You'll probably have to pick up the shipping one way to the factory.

Ruger Redhawk