Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Why a limited revolver selection?

Old 01-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why a limited revolver selection?

Not really.... It takes a lot more to accurize a semiauto, wheelguns tend to be much more accurate right out of the box. Its the whole magazine capacity issue that limits their use in competion. Colt and S&W .38 specials used to be the preferred bullseye pistols at one time, The only thing they give up to a highly tuned and fitted semiauto is the lack of fast reloads during rapid fire stages of bullseye matches.
Actually a good semi-auto will have it over a wheelgun in most cases out of the box... This is because each chamber in the revolver needs to exactly align itself with the barrel to ensure accuracy. Whereas semi-autos don't have this problem. That is why you will seldolm see a revolver in any type of target pistol competition, even slow fire. I would say that easily the 1911 is used by the majority in slow fire bullseye type competittions.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why a limited revolver selection?

No, I think it's more from the standpoint that it's harder to shoot a wheelgun accurately because A: you don't have to expend extra energy rotating a cylinder AND cocking a hammer with an auto, and B: the bore is closer to the hand in an auto, which promotes better balance of the weapon.

Now that being said, you're gonna have to put up a fight to get me away from any of my wheelguns...