Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BROWNING B.O.S.S

Old 01-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BROWNING B.O.S.S

But that, in turn, is only an alternative to those that handload
Or those that are willing to try a variety of factory loads to see which is most accurate in their rifle.The money saved by not buying the BOSS will buy a few boxes of ammunition for testing.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:40 PM

Sorry, when I read "proper load development" I think handloading as you can't develop factory ammo, it's already made for you. I thought it was common practice to buy a few different types of bullets and see which one(s) shoot(s) best out of your particular firearm, so I took that as a given. I should not have worked off of my assumptions. oops
Old 01-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

To me proper load development could be taken either way.My point is that some people think that if you have a BOSS,you can make any load shoot extremely accurate.I found out from experience with the BOSS that you can optimize any load but some loads will still shoot much better than others even with the BOSS adjusted for each.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Fair enough.
I think we're both trying to make the same point which is: find what shoots best in your rifle, the BOSS does not replace this fact-finding exercise of going through different rounds and seeing which one shoots the best out of [i]your[/] rifle.