Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New toy

Old 12-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New toy

John,

Yeah, I thought abou the 24 inch, but the people at AR15.com convinced me otherwise, but for groundhogs that couldn't be a better set up. The advantage of having a 1:12 twist is the ability to shoot much lighter bullets than I can. I think with my 1:9 the smallest bullet I can shoot is probably a 55-grain (62-grain is probably the "perfect" bullet. I also have the Wyle Chamber, I expect to start reloading soon!

Did you get yours from ADCO? They really seem to be THE dealer in Ohio, They shipped mine down to my local FFL guy. Their prices really can't be beat!
Old 12-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I ordered my upper direct from them.
I shoot 50 gr BT's
Yes for chucks the 24" barrel is great ,it has not been a real problem in the brush for yotes. I call mostly from edges.
I have a Colt H-bar with a 1-7 twist and it shoots 55 gr bullet just fine , just for fun try a 50 gr bullet some time ( not bullets like Hornady SX) you may or may not get good accurey.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:35 PM

Wylde chamber
Old 12-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what they call their match grade semi auto mininal 223 chamber.( I think thats how they disscribe it)
So you can tell it from the standard 5.56 mil. chamber dim.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

I think he was correcting our spelling: Wylde not Wyle... Yeah, it is my understanding that the WyldE chamber offers the most flexibility. I made a mistake before, my twist is 1:8, I will try some 50 grain bullets though to see how they shoot.