Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My Last Remington

Old 12-09-2004, 06:42 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: My Last Remington

Well, I don't know if he is a fine person, but good for a few laughs.

You know just kidding with ya oldelk.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

OEH Sorry to hear the troubles you've had with the new Remington.I have two Rem rifles left (700-760) and there won't be anymore.I'll stick with my Ruger's. When there is a rare occasion that something is wrong Ruger stands behind their products.I've never paid for any Ruger Repair.They just about rebuilt a 10 + year old Redhawk at N/C.Never a hassel with their Customer Service or service dept for that matter.Of course it helps when you know people in the right places.Remington would be allot better off if they followed in Ruger's footsteps.Remington has really slipped over the last several years.I would like to see them like the old Remington was but I doubt that will ever be seen again.They are losing old customers constantly.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

What is your problem.
Sounds like you are the one with the problem here bud.

Remington is the best gun ever made.
Hate to burst your bubble but Remington has a looooooooooooooooong way to go before they become the best gun ever made. Perhaps you should go shoot some others like Kimber, HS Precision, Sako, Bushmaster, Cooper arms, Dakota, Styer, Thompson Center just to name a few. I could give you a really long list but this should keep you busy for a little while any way.

Perhaps you should just grow up a little bit and get a few years under your belt and a little bit of experiance before you start popping off at the mouth.

I know I won't buying any Remingtons either. My experience with their customer service was crap and they will not be getting any more of my money. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad to see that it was resolved though. Hopefully Red Allison's information is correct and they get their act together cause they will be in trouble eventually if they keep building products like they are and with their current customer service.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well, I don't know if he is a fine person, but good for a few laughs.

You know just kidding with ya oldelk.

Let me rephase that statement. He appears to a fine person.LOL. So did my Ex wife LOL.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-09-2004, 07:46 PM

870 it looks like you are making alot of enemies fast. Close your mouth bud before you screw up some more. Im not old by any means...Im 25, but I am wise enough to know what respect is and you aint given or gettin it man. These guys have probably hunted longer than you have been alive and shot more guns than you ever will, so before you mess things up with them even worse use their experiences and LEARN somethin.

sorry guys, i apologize FOR him...all newbies arent like that.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:45 PM

Agreed. I'm still a Moderator on a paintball forum, and I was for a while also a Mod for a motorcycle forum at the same time (it became too much, very time consuming). A word of advice, when you first come on a forum, SEARCH and READ, A LOT! Also, respect others.
Little guideline: would you tell that person what you're typing to their face? Then don't type it and hide behind a screen, that's cowardice. I'm a newbie here, and I have learned a lot by reading, searching and asking specific questions that are well formulated so I get good answers. These guys have gobs of knowledge and experience, draw on that, don't turn them against you.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm guessing that The870 is probably about 14 years old, maybe an immature 16, and has clearly demonstrated that he's not worth talking to, and I for one won't be wasting my time offering my advise to his questions until he learns to respect others and treat them as he would like to be treated.

I don't personally know oldelkhunter, but I've been around this board for awhile and know that here he is an upright guy. I also know that he's not ignorant about firearms like you appear to be judging from you other posts, so you have to have a lot more balls than brains to call him an idiot when you can't even figure out how to zero a rifle.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...1&key=&#857730

Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 04:49 AM

Good point Gator it is cowardice...never thought of it that way.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: driftrider

I'm guessing that The870 is probably about 14 years old, maybe an immature 16,

Not to start anythng driftrider but im 15 and dont think your coment is fair to people in that agegroup that havnt mouthed off at anybody for no good reason. And in response to 870 remington makes a nice gun but i dont think you can say any one gun is better than all the rest. Also it was not very nice to insult old elk for such a stupid reason.
Thats all i got to say so peace yall
Old 12-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My comment was not meant to say that all 14-16 years olds here are immature, obnoxious brats, but rather that the immature obnoxious brats are generally 14-16 years old.

No offense was intended toward the younger but well behaved members of the board.

Mike

Quick Reply: My Last Remington

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.