Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

One more payday until...

Old 10-24-2004, 07:21 AM

Default One more payday until...

One more payday until I get my new 270, at least I hope I get my new 270, darn bills anyway. Hate it when electric, phone, car payments get int he way of buying a new gun.

I have a BSA scope, 3x9x40 that I am going to put on it, has anyone used BSA that can give me an opinion of them?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:54 AM

Default RE: One more payday until...

Eating and sleeping indoors are bad habits that we all pick up somewhere along the way; they do divert altogether too much money away from the toy budget!

I scrimped and saved my lunch money for a looooooong time to buy a CZ 550 in 6.5 Swede. It is the most accurate, pleasant to shoot rifle that I own, and it is all the sweeter because I saved up for it over a long time. I wimped out and put the Zeiss Conquest on my charge card, though.

Your BSA scope will probably be fine, but over time I would recommend that you look into upgrading to better optics. You really do need to see with your own eyes what high quality optics will do for you. One of the Zeiss, Leupold, Bushnell Elite (formerly Bausch & Lomb) scopes would really be worth the investment.

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2004, 10:05 AM

I figure to go to a better quality scope at some point, but after I finish paying for my browning I will have to use a scope that I already own. I need to find a deer hunting grant somewhere haha.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 AM

You may have better luck on the deer hunting grant if you avoid doing a financial post appraisal on the price of venison. I did a boar hunt back in 2001 and figured up that betweeen the new rifle, guide, ice chest, various license, taxidermist and butcher fees, not to mention the minor traffic accident and resultant need for bodywork and new tires, the price per pound of pork was $93.[:@]

Be vague. Be very, very vague!
Old 10-24-2004, 01:10 PM

Thats truly amazing, 93 per pound when you add it all together. Did you add in time missed from work? haha.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: FiremanWV

Thats truly amazing, 93 per pound when you add it all together. Did you add in time missed from work? haha.

I did not. Ulp... [&o]