Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Cheap .22 pistol

Old 09-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cheap .22 pistol

browning buckmark standard would be my choice.....i own one....dad owns a ruger mark II...a little fanicier with a heavy barrel and such.....but they both shoot great....function great....but id take the buckmark ANY day over the ruger......dad can clean all his weapons blindfolded upside down.....EXCEPT his ruger 22......its a pain.....he gets mad every time he has to clean it......he quit cleaning it everytime....he uses gumout or something like that every other time and gets it the best he can with brushes ect...the other time he sucks it up and strips it down....ive never seen him do anything but comletely strip his weapons to clean them...but this one i can see why....the buckmark is simple to clean......and shoots great.........i can easily take a rabbit at 50ft with it......thats my normal range i shoot at with it......we usually go saturdays come winter time at an indoor range......just to punch some holes.......id definently go with the buckmark......just me though...the ruger shoots fine and functions fine..but is a headach to clean properly.......and a clean gun functions much better then a dirty gummed up one......
Old 09-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cheap .22 pistol

Yeah, I took my MKII fully apart once and was kind of turned off when the instruction manual mentioned striking the muzzle with a rubber or leather hammer to remove from gripframe. Removing the bolt isn't that challenging once you do it about a dozen times or so.