Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

to boltaction

Old 02-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default to boltaction

boltaction, my .444 gives me about a 2 to 21/2 inch group at 125 yards with an occasional stringer which i think is excellent for a .44 caliber. as for the ammo, you'de have to talk to the firearm manufacturer and the ammo maker to see what your rifle can handle safely, you see certain loadings are tailored to certain firearms.in .45/70 for example a trapdoor springfield or an older marlin 1895 can't take the same pressures as a newer model 1895 or the strongest of all the .45/70 actions made today the ruger no. 1 single shot, the length also depends on the loading as certain types of bullets are longer than others and make the cartridge longer, if they were seated so that the cartridges were all the same length the bullet would protrude deaper in the caseing and take up more powder space makeing the cartridge less powerful and less effective. basically you have to contact the firearms manufacturer and the ammo manufacturer to find out, they need to know make, model, and age, the firearms maker should be able to help you with the age based on the serial number, also the condition is important too. a cracked stock near the action can mean shes handled to much pressue allready and could have been damaged or weakened. i hope this helps you somewhat as there isn't much more i can tell you, all i can do is point you in the right direction.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:20 PM
Spike

Default RE: to boltaction

Thanks for the information WHELAN36. I appreciate you for taking the time to post this material.

Have a great weekend,
Boltaction

"Unless we protect the freedoms we enjoy, we will one day have no freedoms to enjoy."