Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

cartridge/gun discussions

Old 09-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: cartridge/gun discussions

Very good point...

I think that most hunters like myself are in part environmentalists/conservationalists and we get upset at the thought of a person wounding a deer because they were using the "wrong" weapon. That is basically the core of this argument. I don't want to see any animal suffer unnecessarily.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:29 AM

newguy, et al....

I've always endorsed the addage, "little tools for little jobs, bigger tools for bigger jobs". Seems obvious to me; however, there is a fair bit of resistance out there.

Good luck with your quest.

EKM
Old 09-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

While our state does allow the 223 for deer hunting and while a lot of ranchers carry them for varmits and sometimes use them for deer, I don't consider them a deer rifle either. If I was hunting varmits during deer season and the right shot came along, I may shoot another deer with a 22-250. But I feel that that 25 caliber is where the deer rifles start. The 308 is one of the very best. The 6.5x55 is one of my all time favorites. The 30-06 Remington pump is the all around rifle for me. As far as American guns vs other guns, I have no problem with where a gun is made as long as it gives me my bang for the buck. I would love to buy all American products but its not always practicle and I tend to support a company that tries to give good service and a product worth the money regardless of price. Sometimes I can get by good with a chevy, sometimes I need a Hummer.