Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

which remington semi?

Old 08-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which remington semi?

ORIGINAL: Briman

I personally thought "who shoots 3,000 rounds of 30-06 ammo?"
Not me, I haven't been shooting much more than 500 rds of '06 per year
I envy you because my shoulder couldent handle that, and My bank account probably couldent either
Old 08-30-2004, 01:13 PM

Id like to thank everyone who gave me great info on the Remington Semi-auto. as for those that ask why not BAR, Why didnt I say I wanted a Remington in 1st place.THe post said WHICH REMINGTON SEMI-AUTO[:@]. Not which bar or grand.[:@] And the reson I want a remington is JUST CAUSE. I prefer the A ruger 77 or #1 in 30-06 but I jsut want the Remington for if nothing more to collect dust. THANKS AGAIN GUYS
Old 08-30-2004, 01:16 PM
bigcountry

See thats your problem

Old 08-30-2004, 01:37 PM

In the first place as far as I know, Remington only makes one semi automatic so your choices are slim. If you just want to look at it, it looks good but I have just spent several days trying to get my 742 to group. I finally just quit and gave up on the rifle. It shoots all over the place but would kill a deer at 100 yards but I would not try for 200 yards.
Remington updated the 742 and called a 7400. the 7400 has fewer locking lugs on the bolt.
If I was just going to look at the rifle, I could look at the BAR a whole lot easier and you might decide to hunt with. An excellent rifle.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

One guy before said it wouldent last 3,000 shots and I personally thought "who shoots 3,000 rounds of 30-06 ammo?"
I shoot that amount easily in a year between my Garand and 03-A3. A friend of mine had a 7400 he loved it but always wondered why it was never a design considered to be used as a service rifle, he decided to make his a service rifle and bought those extended 20 round magazines for it I think ramline was making. He shot it alot as if it were a M-1 or a M-1A
roughly 3,000 rounds of 30-06 150 grain core lokts later the seals in the gas system needed replaced. My garand has had roughly 5,000 rounds through it and still functions flawlessly to this day it has never jammed once.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id like to thank everyone who gave me great info on the Remington Semi-auto. as for those that ask why not BAR, Why didnt I say I wanted a Remington in 1st place.THe post said WHICH REMINGTON SEMI-AUTO . Not which bar or grand. And the reson I want a remington is JUST CAUSE. I prefer the A ruger 77 or #1 in 30-06 but I jsut want the Remington for if nothing more to collect dust. THANKS AGAIN GUYS
Heh!!! you're a crack smoker
Old 08-31-2004, 03:00 PM

YOu know this use to be a good place to get info on one rifle or another. Now because I ask for info on one Rifle that is not what some know it all is shooting that makes me a Crack Head. and for the other know it all remington made more than one semi auto just to name a few model 8, 4, 742, 7400. Sorry I bothered to ask some of you know it alls.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

made more than one semi auto just to name a few model 8, 4, 742, 7400.
Unfortunately they don't make the model 8 anymore, but I'd love to get my hands on one in 35 remington. The only one they stillmake is the 7400, which is the worst of the bunch.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:37 PM

I am really sorry I even bothered to place my 1st post but just to make it clear to all I ask which REMINGTON SEMI-auto not which new one not which Browning Not about a grand. I dont want it to hunt with. Not to make MOA groups. Not to shoot 3000 rounds just which is better of the remingtons . SOrry I ask I just go with my 1st idea find a nice used/new wall hanger just casue I like the look of the Remington.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buying a remington semi for decorating the house? This is a first for me. I've learned a long time ago not to argue with people's personal tastes.

Quick Reply: which remington semi?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.