Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

walmart guns

Old 08-18-2004, 03:32 PM

Default walmart guns

what do yall think of walmart guns
Old 08-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: walmart guns

there just the same as guns anywhere else but sometimes at a better price our local one sells beretta, winchester, savage, ruger, remington and several others and there just the same as any other shop although the people selling them usually dont know much about them
Old 08-18-2004, 09:48 PM
BT
Typical Buck

I buy from wal-mart.

But when i do i know exactly what i am looking for or the exactly what accesery i am looking for.

And i am normaly looking for some kinda normal "popular" gun or modle and cal.

the wildest cal i have ever sean a walmart was a 257 roberts in a ruger 77 and a 308 normandy mag in a sako that was a spical order for a manger that left the wal mart before the gun came in.

If i am just looking i go to a gun shop,or if i am looking for something i know wal mart want have i go to a gun shop.

but here trying to buy a normal gun at the loacl gun shop is nearly crazy.
I am not talking a few dollers here i am not eaven talking 25% some of the guns are pushing 50% more.

The savage package that you can get at walmart for under 389 will set you back about 650 localy.

I have ask why he said he could not compeat with walmart.

ok i understand that.
at least up to a point.

If he was with in 100 that would make since and i would probly buy from him but that much more is more than i am willing to just give away.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any more I go for the best deal no matter where it is. The local gun shops are not doing me any favors. Good luck.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any more I go for the best deal no matter where it is. The local gun shops are not doing me any favors
handloader1, I agree 100%. I get pissed when I walk into a sporting goods store & the guy at the gun counter is the same guy that sells tennis shoes. The lack of training or information about the products they are selling gets my blood boiling. I hate it when you know what rifle & caliber you want & they try to sell you another brand or caliber.
The following is a conversation I had with a salesman at a gun store.
Can you get me some Norma 338-06 brass?
Answer: I have never heard of Norma, are they a new company? Do you want brass for a 338-winchester & a 30-06?
No I want brass for a 338-06.
I have never heard of a 338-06? are you sure you don't mean a 338-winchester or 338-ultra mag?
I told him the 338-06 was a wildcat cartridge that Weatherby chambered it in a few of there guns.
He said the only 338's I could be talking about would be a 338-winchester or 338-Ultra mag. He also said I must be confused because the 338 case was too big to fit into a 30-06?
I left the store at this point.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as buying from the shops vs. buying from walmart goes, I try to send as much business to the shops as I can, which usually is required anyway....You can't buy handguns at walmart, so shops get about half of my "gun money" every year anyway, but handloader is right, they're not really doing you any service, so for the most part, buying a rifle from them vs. from walmart to keep the shops in business only serves those of us that shoot a lot and shoot a lot of different guns.

Walmart serves the hunter very well, need a cheap .30-06 to go bag a whitetail or a good 12ga to go after some Turkey, wally's got you covered, but it does NOT in any way serve the shooter, you're not going to find a race 1911 there, nor are you going to buy the reloading components necessary to feed your Benchrest rifle, which you didn't likely even buy the base for at walmart!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:42 AM

Thread is a double post...

here's the one with most of the topics...

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=724799
Old 08-29-2004, 05:26 PM

Just know you guns before going into any Wal-Mart. That pimple-faced kid behind the counter probably knows diddly squat about firearms.

A case in point: I go into a WM and ask for a box of .380 Auto. Kid comes back up with .38 Special. When I tried to correct him he merely thought the "zero" had been dropped (.38 instead of .380).

Same goes for K-Mart. Most of those people wouldn't know a .22 from a shotgun and really don't seem to care.

Also, watch what you get. Quite often what you see on display is what you might get, sticker glue, nicks, abuse and all.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

At our local wal mart you can ask for their special order book and order most any Rem, Winchester , Ruger, Weatherby, or whatever, rifle or shotgun. You just have to know what you want. You don't have to take just whats in stock. They just have a few things in the store.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Host of Hosts

Same goes for K-Mart. Most of those people wouldn't know a .22 from a shotgun and really don't seem to care.
I don't shop at K-Mart very much at all. I went to K-Mart yesterday and walked throught their sporting goods department. What a joke! I swear to you that they had 5 or 6 shotguns in the display case and no rifles. They had only one aisle of Hunting items and mostly clothes. I now remember why I stopped shopping at their politically correct stores.

Quick Reply: walmart guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.