Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

more remington junk

Old 06-02-2004, 08:09 PM

Default more remington junk

So after paying real big bucks for the top of the line Remingtom, a Tianium version, i went to the range, thought all was well, it wont shoot 3 rounds in the same place, tried different scopes, took the one off my "old model 7" know that one is good. They all go in the same hole. And still all over the place, then when i went to reload some more rounds for further testing, find that there are deep gouges in the brass!! after marking the brass i find that they are all in the same place, that will do wonders for the life span of the brass i am sure.... I dont know what remington has decided to do to thier new rifles but this one went back to the store it came from and was traded in on a nice Browning. Reminton will have to do something BIG to get me back as a customer after this and all what i have been reading here!!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: more remington junk

I have never really been impressed with Remington. I think their quality control has just gone out the window. All they care about now are the big corporate sponsorships on these hunting shows. They make them good rifles and then skimp on the others for the general public. Its all advertising.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:24 PM

thats the sorry part, i WAS a true remington fan, but my good remintons are not of current vintage, they DID make a good gun, reliable and accurate.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I own one Remington. I say own because I don't think any one will buy it if I put it up for sale. It's a 597[:'(]. After that POS and the way they treated me when I called them about it I can assure you that it was the last Remington that I will ever buy.

They sure don't seem to be concerned with their reputation with all the crap guns they are puting out.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hate to hear that i got a new remington 7400 as a gift several months ago and its done good so far but im scared its going to start acting up. someone should e-mail remington a link to some of the threads and see if they get a response maby alot of people complaing will have some pull with them or something
Old 06-02-2004, 09:52 PM

it's a sad day when a respected name like remington starts to go down the tube. The sad part, I don't know if anyone wants to hear me bad mouth their favorite guns, so if you're easily offended, stop reading now. Every manufacturer is doing what they can to reduce costs and bump profits. I can pick on every make. brownings are full of pot metal, sakos to expensive and heavy. Tikka's are to plasticy, Rugers to clunky and savages are savages. Even my beloved winchesters are full of little "Yuks". The worst example was a R.M.E.F stainless super grade. The stock was wavy, the fore-end and recoil pad were poorly fit, and the bbl channel was chewed up! Now don't get me wrong, I love brownings, tikkas, rugers, and of course Winchester. But I bet you will all look a little closer the next time you pick up a new rifle! just about all the old stuff will serve you well. Again, dont mean to offend anyone, just stating a few observations. And don't worry, I have pretty much owned one of these guns at one point or another, and liked them all, but wish they were built like they were back when Remington had quality products!