Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tubb's final finish

Old 05-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tubb's final finish

Any one ever tried Tubb's Final Finish to get their gun to shoot a little better? I've read a couple of reports online and it looks like something to check into. Jim
Old 05-25-2004, 10:13 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Tubb's final finish

Don't do it. I did it with a 300RUM, my first, and looked at the rifling before and after with a borescope, and my rifling after looked like they were rounded off. Also, accuracy went from 1.2MOA to 2MOA. I never could get the accuracy I originally had.

I am not sure if my load was too hot or if this is not a good option. I used H1000 to load them which may have been too slow. Either way, it cost me a new barrel. At least my new barrel was a krieger which has been smoother than a babys but.

Old 05-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tubb's final finish

I too am leary of using the Tubb system on a new barrel. But I did try it on an old barrel that was in obvious distress and which copper-fouled horribly when shot. The Tubb system DID improve that rifles accuracy and eliminated MOST of the fouling problem. It breathed new life into that gun.

If you have an old beater that needs help, try the Tubb system - it will probably help....................but unless you have some disposable cash for new barrels on-hand, I wouldn't recommend it for a new rifle.