Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

any way to know scope relief .

Old 04-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default any way to know scope relief .

Any way to tell the relief on a scope with out looking throught it. I have been wondering about when you order on line, how do you know its relief.
My wonderful wife bought me a 300wby, i want a scope with a lot of relief. Dont want to get a weatherby eye. I know the leupolds have good relief. My ownly concern is price. The last leupold I bought cost more than the gun.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any way to know scope relief .

Most catalogs will list eye relief with the other specs. If they don't, go on-line to the MFR's website and look up the model you want. They will have specs.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:28 PM
bigcountry

Just remember this. Leupold has some of the best eye reliefs available. And for that whomper you got, might pay ya.

Old 04-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

The eye relief is listed with all the other specs on the MFG websites or in order catalogues. On cabela's website for example it lists the eye relief by each model of scope they sell with the price, etc. You'll want a min. of 3.5" with the 300 wby and I recommend a one piece tube for the extra recoil...so you'll have to fork out a bit of change to top it properly.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, I have always bought my scopes form a dealer and looked through them to see if they had the relief I wanted. Im going to start looking on line today and didnt know if they had the relief on them.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ziess conquest 3x9x40 offers 4" of eye relief at all powers and costs about the same as a leupold vxiii.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

Got the following e-mail from Midway USA today - left over Leupold scopes in their inventory. Copy and paste the link below into your Internet browser.

We just located the last 2003 model Leupold VX-2 and Vari-X 3 scopes in our warehouse. That means you have one final opportunity to buy VX-2s or Vari-X 3s at a discount before they are gone for good. Don't wait - we only have one or two units of several of these scopes.

View Leupold VX-2 & Vari-X 3 Scope Sale (2003 Models):
http://www.midwayusa.com/rewritepromolisting/102396
NOTE: If you are unable to click the above link, please copy and paste it (highlight it and right-click) into your Web Browser's address bar and press enter.

Good Shooting,
MidwayUSA Sales & Marketing Team
Old 04-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Burnie
Check out the Simmons AETEC 2.8-10 X 44 scope. I have 2 of them one on a 444 and the other on a 35 Whelen. No probs at all with either and the relief is optimum at 5" They are also a nice scope for the money (1/2 of the Luepold prices) I know this will stir alot of noise like ya get what ya pay for and I feel I did and then some. Got some 300 rounds thru the 444, traded the 35 Whelen away to a bud and he has put a couple hundred rounds thru it after I shot it a bunch and both scopes are AOK. Very satisfied w/ the AETEC and dont see any reason to do a refinance to own a scope. JMO
Old 04-29-2004, 07:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Rodsmith
I have no problem with simmons. I have two. I have one on a 30-06 and one on a 308. I have no problem with them. They have done the job fine, for many years. I will admit you can tell the difference between my leupolds/redfields and the simmons. I guess its kinda like compairing a cammaro to a corvett. Both good, one just a little better, and alot more expensive.

Thanks for the info everyone. Ill check out the clearance at mid way, thanks oldgr.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Burnie
Are either of them the AETEC? They are big jump up from most the other Simmons scopes. I was very impressed with the 1st I got and put er on the Whelen. I bought it off E-Bay for $35.00 in excellent condition and it was very clear & bright. Once I got the 444 I ordered a new one from Midway as I was sold on the model. The scope is a bit much for the caliber but then again the caliber is a bit much for my eyes these days. I keep it set at 2.8 for fast response and if needed for long distance (200yds my max) I usually have the time to crank it up and settle in. If you can afford the Corvette by all means go for it. I was always kinda partial to the Camaro.LOL

Quick Reply: any way to know scope relief .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.