Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question for y'all

Old 04-26-2004, 01:20 AM

Default Question for y'all

Well I was wondering what a brand new .300 Winchester Ultra Mag goes for these days.
I was lucky enough to win one at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Dinner this year and i was wondering how much it's worth. The reason i'm wondering is because i'm looking to sell it. I'm young and still in college and can't afford the ammo for it[&:] and i already have a 30.06 and a 7mm for my elk and deer hunting. So i'm hoping to get a decent amount from selling in order to buy myself a nice handgun.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question for y'all

They aint worth squat. The 300 RUM will never last and most people don't want to put up with all of that recoil. You should send it to me.

Depends on exactly what gun you have there. Give us more info other than the cartridge. Is it the RMEF endorsed rifle?

BTW there is no such thing as a Winchester ultra mag but there is a Remington ultra mag.

P.S. welcome to the boards.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:43 AM

ok....here's what i know off the top of my head....i'll have to check tomorrow to get ya everything. But....number one....i'm pretty damn sureit says .300 Winchester Ultra Mag. Is it called something else? I haven't found many online but when i do it looks just like my rifle. So are you sure there isn't a Winchester. Because if there isn't i'm one lucky man because i must have a one of a kind and it's worth a **** ton of money...lol. It's a model 70 if that helps.....I'm not sure about the endorcement on the RMEF part...i'll have to check on that too. I'm sorry i don't have more info to give you atm but it's 12:40 and i can't really go look at my gun atm because i have it at my parents place back home..and if i had it here i'm sure i'd want to go shoot it .

I did a quick search and here is what it looks like:

thank ya...glad to be here
Old 04-26-2004, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If (as you say) it's a Winchester M-70 in .300 ultra mag then it's a Winchester extreme weather and has a dealer price of around $1800.

However it's more likely a M-70 in .300 Win Mag and that's a custom stainless and has a dealer price of around $590....and this is more likely.

The RMEF has a wood stock and a dealer cost of around $820
Old 04-26-2004, 11:15 AM

Well...this is what i know off the top of my head. When i was at the RMEF dinner they announced my name along with saying Winchester .300 Ultra Mag and it said that on the program.

Edit: I'll have more info for y'all later tonight
Old 04-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep the rifle, and obtain as many as you can now that you are young. One day you will be married with kids, and rifles will not be so easy to come by. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:06 AM

I would but i don't see a need for a .300 right now in my life and it'll make it easier to afford a handgun of my choice. I want/need to get a handgun soon because i'm going to be training to be a cop here in a year or two. I have an elk and a deer rifle already. so a .300 just seems excessive for what i do
Old 04-27-2004, 06:24 PM

Winchester Model 70
.300 Remington Ultra Mag
Stainless Steel 26inch Barrel

So...what can should i except from it price wise
Old 04-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Winchester lists that gun for $2,500.00 for a suggested retail price. Of course it won't sell for that much retail but if you have never shot it you should be able to get at least $1,000.00 for it.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:51 PM

Your kidding me right? wow...i was expecting 600 or so.....damn. no it's never been shot....still in the orignal box and the box has been opened once

Quick Reply: Question for y'all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.