Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question for y'all

Old 04-28-2004, 12:57 AM

Default RE: Question for y'all

ORIGINAL: handloader1

The "Gun Digest 2004" States:

Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless Rifle
Same as Model 70 Classic Sporter except stainless steel barrel and pre-64-style action with controll round feeding and matte gray finish, black composite stock impregnated with fiberglass and graphite, contoured rubber recoil pad. No sights (except 375 H&H). Available in 270 Win., 30-06, 7mm STW, 7mm Rem. Mag., 300 Win. Mag., 300 Ultra Mag., 338 Win. Mag. 375 H&H Mag. (24" barrel), 3- or 5-shot magazine. Weighs 7-1/2 lbs. Introduced 1994.

Price: 270, 30-06................................................ ......................$800.00
Price: 375 H&H Mag., with sights............................................ .....$924.00
Price: Other calibers.......................................... ........................$829.00
interesting. well i'm going to go with what winschester sites says for now. I'll be back in a couple of days with a figure for anybody who is interested
Old 04-28-2004, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hurley Well I was wondering what a brand new .300 Winchester Ultra Mag goes for these days.
I was lucky enough to win one at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Dinner this year and i was wondering how much it's worth. The reason i'm wondering is because i'm looking to sell it. I'm young and still in college and can't afford the ammo for it[&:] and i already have a 30.06 and a 7mm for my elk and deer hunting. So i'm hoping to get a decent amount from selling in order to buy myself a nice handgun.
Lucky guy!! (There is a REM. .300 ULTRA, but there is no Win. .300 Ultra. There is a Win. .300 Win. Mag. and a .300 Win. SHORT Mag. .....) So if yours is really labelled ".300 Ultra, it is the Remington CARTRIDGE it shoots.....
Old 04-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't try to talk you out of selling it. I would NOT take it to a gun shop. Sell it privately or online. If you aren't in a real hurry, you'll get your price.

Ah hell man, don't sell that gun!
Old 04-28-2004, 01:57 PM

Why would you suggest not going ot a gun shop? will they just try to screw me?
Old 04-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

And you probably won't even get a kiss out of the deal.

They'll tell you some story about re-sale value, blah, blah, blah. Then they'll sell it to one of their employees or their friends. Sell it to somebody that wants it, and will give you a fair price.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Hurley

Why would you suggest not going ot a gun shop? will they just try to screw me?
If you sell it at a gun shop, look back as you walk away and you will see them fighting over your ex-gun if it is as nice as you say. H@#$ yes they will screw you if you give them half a chance.
Please consider selling one of your other rifles, but if you just have to sell this one then do as UncleNorby suggested and sell it privately. You may have to be patient, but you will get a better price. I would suggest posting a for-sale notice with some hunting clubs in your area. Also you might want to try selling at some events where there are guys with a high level of disposable income, like an antique car show or some type of horse event (like cutting horses). Best of luck.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:09 PM

Reason I like the 12 gauge with slugs for deer is because here on the Army base you can only deer hunt with shotguns with slugs.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hurley, If you must sell it, I suggest that you not go to a gun dealer at first. Try listing it on gunsamerica.com at whaterver you think is a fair price. Put as much info in the ad as you can. You will undoubtly get a lot of responses for this fine looking rifle.
Good luck