Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Desperate poeople do desperate deeds,So here goes

Old 04-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Desperate poeople do desperate deeds,So here goes

Last year I couldn't shoot a huge bear right at dark as the crosshair disappered on his hide. I need something a little better. I currently have one of the new Leupold VXII 2x7 on my .358 blr. I think what I need is one with a heavy duplex.
Problem, uncle sam cleaned me out or I would just go buy one. So, would someone consider trading me the same model with a heavy duplex ? I don't have much money but could sweeten the deal with some goodies like a Bushnell Scope Chief 1.5x4.5 or dies maybe a small amount of cash. I don't have time to get the crosshair changed as my next bear hunt is coming up fast.
I'm an honest guy and I wouldn't stiff you.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:23 AM

Default RE: Desperate poeople do desperate deeds,So here goes

you got an e-mail.

www.premierreticles.com change out that reticle to a thicker reticle

cheaper way to go only $60.00 than loosing out by trading or selling that fine scope give them a try first
Old 04-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know that I'd recommend a thicker recticle, my advice would be getting either an illuminated recticle scope or getting a recticle illuminator for your gun-I've used one in the past-I forget what make it is, it's the one that cabela's offers, it worked very nicely-I was afraid it would just shine the inside of my glass, but it worked just like they said it would.

Getting thicker recticles only takes away your accuracy and may not necessarily help you with seeing it in low light-afterall, it's still a black line, thick or not...illuminators can be turned on or off, so you've got a black line in the day and a yellow (or red) line at night.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:33 AM

Not sure who makes it but there is a reticle, I believe it is called a "firefly" that glows in the dark.
No extra parts.
Sounds like just the ticket for you.