Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what would you do?

Old 03-11-2004, 03:17 AM

Default RE: what would you do?

gentleman..

it was a " spur of the moment " thing . i decided to still sell my A-bolt meallion to my father and keep my BAR.

but i will be selling my savage scout rifle. tookoff the VX-II 2-7X33mm and put a 1.5-6X32mm catseye on it. also will be selling my CZ VZ24mauser.

so in the long run i will still have my guns, just the ones i don't shoot as much or never shoot anymore.

just thought i would like to hear your thoughts.

briman..

the gas cylinder is tight the trigger assembly is fine. just the piting under the gun . the op rod is fine and the spring aswell. since i don't have any gunsmith's around me i either send it to 1shot_1kill or i have it sent out to the two places i stated before.
i will definatly be putting a new barrel on it.

just it will take me a few to get all the money. no biggy
Old 03-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guns last longer than wives and in the greater scheme of things don't cost near as much.
Truer words have never been spoken
Old 03-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

Quilly,

Briman offerd some very good technical info listen to him, sounds like he knows his stuff on M-1. Sorry to hear about your "M-1 Thumb" as they call it. Soory you are gong to have to sell some fo your guns, but glad the A-bolt is staying in the family and you are keeping your BAR.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:18 AM

I sold some guns when I got married to take care of some other bills. Well I dont have the guns anymore and I dont have the WIFE ANYMORE keep your guns. Sve some money a little at a time to take care of the pet project. There will always be parts around for a M1 and ther will be good gun smiths around to do the work. BTW when my divorce came around I was a macaroni and cheese eating fool for a little while but I didnt sell any more guns LOL
Old 03-14-2004, 07:13 AM
Host of Hosts

I know you really want to push this Garand project through, however, Ive always heard that you don't part with guns you already have obtained.
Couldn't agree more!

Be Patient! You'll NEVER be able to replace some of your guns after you get married.