Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington premere ammo.

Old 02-13-2002, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default remington premere ammo.

I havent heard of many people on this fourum using remmingtons premire ammo. such as partitions,safari grade, etc. Only the core lockts. Whats the deal with them?
Old 02-13-2002, 09:25 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: remington premere ammo.

Depends on your application really. A-Frames are excellent for larger game in penetrations and damage but might not expand like you would want on deer or smaller game. Partitions work good on game far out in moderate energy but will fall apart on game close up and high velocities. Corelokts are good on deer size game at 100 or so yards but accuacy in all my guns was not was I was looking for. I emphasize my guns and what I was looking for.

Old 12-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

any other comments

Old 12-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used partitions on elk moose deer and bear and have never seen one fail at any velocity.I have killed elk and moose with 140 gr partitions at 3500 fps out of my 7mmstw and they exited in all but one case where about 60% of the bullets weight was retained on a lengthwise shot on an elk.Accuracy has only been in the 1-1/2" range which is not up to my standards but they have never come apart even at high velocity and close range.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I have only used the rem premire 180-gr partitions in my 300 rum. At $42.00 a box factory, I think I will continue to reload my own. So many other great bullets out their.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

I don't use the Remington Fodder for I find it is inconsistent from box to box. Not what I'm looking for out of a "top of the line" offering in factory ammo.
I stick to the Federal or Hornady offerings and have no problem with the qaulity control with those two makers, I can't say the same for Remington.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't bought a factory loaded centerfire cartridge in 30 years!!!!! If I want premium ammo.....I make it myself!!!!!....Learn reloading....it's a great hobby!!
Old 01-08-2003, 04:11 AM

most of the ammo i see in stores that are remington are just core-lokt's. i always wanted to try the bronze tips but never could find them.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:19 PM

I tried the 30/06 180grain swift sciroccos this year they grouped good at the range and did there job in the woods the doe I shot didn't go 15 yards
Old 01-15-2003, 04:04 AM

bear72..

any any chance do you remmber how much the sciroco's cost you?

Quick Reply: remington premere ammo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.