Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

S&W Custom Shop

Old 02-24-2004, 05:55 AM

Default S&W Custom Shop

Hey guys,I have come down with another case of C.R.S. I was looking in a magazine.Came across an article where the author wanted an affordable customized pistol ( revolver) The article went on to tell how he found a N.I.B. Model 57 S&W.They sent it tothe custom shop where it was rebarreled,Timed ,Trigger job.etc.Has anybody seen this article or heard of it.He sent it as one of us would get the most for the least amount of cash.I can't remember what mag it was in to save my life .............Thanks in advance guy's ........Alton
Old 02-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: S&W Custom Shop

That C.R.S. can get you. I think I read that artical in shooting times. I read so many Gun mags though that I can't be sure. I think you can email thier letter to the editor division and maybe find out. When I am not shooting or reloading I am reading about it.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:35 AM

Default RE: S&W Custom Shop

James B,Thanks I remember that article just not where and when .I have a Model 657 hunter special 6 1/2 " full lug bbl. with the non-fluted cylinder.Really nice looking revolver.I was thinking about the new funny looking barrel with the odd looking and integrated rail on top..the best fine bead most accurate iron sights .With some engraving like " This gun was custom built by the S&W custom shop for Alton Turman.Just something to spend some money on for when I give it to my son.