Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

YEAH!!!

Old 02-04-2004, 04:31 PM

Default YEAH!!!

well i just, this week, got my Christmas gift from my dad (we live far from the family) and it is a brand new winchester model 70 super shadow 300 wsm with a leopold vx I 3x9 scope.......WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

i have been deer hunting with my old winchester 9430-30 since 5th grade and though i love my old gun, i can wait to get to go hunting with this bad boy!!!

oh as a side note....when my new rifle arrived dad also sent my b-day gift and it was a brand new stihl ms 260 chainsaw with extra chains and an eletric sharpener....not to mention the bar oil, oil for the gas mix and a new 1 gallon fuel tank....WOOOOOHOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: YEAH!!!

Congrats! Your dad seems to have a good taste in guns!
Any chance that I could be considered a long lost relative and be added to the Christmas list?
Old 02-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice gun and cartridge. Our local wal-mart had one that was returned twice. First time a guy said it shot all over the place (had the cheap scope on it it comes with ) they sent it back to winchester and it came back with an easy 1'' 100 yard group shot with 180'' failsafes if i remember right. Then some skinny kids dad bought it for him and a box of 180 ers while i was at the store, he returned it within the week rofl. I think he started off to big on the light gun and couldnt handle the recoil. Over at shortmags.org there have been several people with this gun and it shoots excellent, especially for the price. Congratulations on your new gun and I hope she/he/it shoots well and treats you well. Also thats a great dad you have
Old 02-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Michael!! Sounds like you hit the jackpot with the rifle and the chainsaw. Take good care of them and they'll last you a lifetime.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Micheal, Enjoy your new rifle. The Chainsaw means work. You can keep my part of that LOL.You have a great dad. Make sure you show your appreciation to him.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with your new rifle!!
Old 02-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yessir...you made a sweet haul. Enjoy and treasure that rifle and it should last until you pass it down to the next generation. Guns make the BEST gifts...hehee.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's that BAR OIL that interests me!!
Old 02-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new gun it sounds like a nice one. I see your dad has a good taste in chainsaws too. Stihl makes one tough saw.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:42 PM

Thanks!!!

Ya, my Pop is a good guy...I wish I could give him all the credit for the choice of the gun but what happened is that I had asked for model 70 30-06 (hoping since he gave my little brother a gun a couple of years ago that I might get one) and when he went to Reed's Sports in San Jose they said that they didn't have it or that it wasn't being made anymore (which is weird) and the fellas there said that this is the best gun and it is the latest trend, with everyone buying them....

The saw....He knew that I needed one and I was just hoping for a poland (I am not sure if that is the name..it is the cheaper one from Costco)...and the Stihl was what I got.....that was all him...it is the only saw he has ever used and the only one that they use at his company....that was a real shocker...

HE is great Dad!!! He knows how much I appreciate what he has given me...

I was lucky to be adopted by such a generous man!!! He has never treated me any different from his biological children....don't get me wrong, he has his flaws (like everyone) but he IS my Dad...and he knows that I love him...