Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka-T3 vs Savage

Old 01-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tikka-T3 vs Savage

BC that came out of the NRA hunter magazine didn't it?...as I recall it was closer to a 3" group ...... First off I don't like the long action fitting a short mag and the other is the plastic issue on these Tiika's ...If I bought one and it shot 3 or even 2" groups with a short mag..someone would be hearing about it I can tell you that...... Savage may have its share of money saving cuts on it but at least its made here and I have never heard any qualms about its accuracy...i
Old 01-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I THINK the Tikka T-3 Is a pretty good rifle. However I KNOW FOR sure what I am getting when I buy a Savage and that is durability and accuacy. Starting this year 2004 all the Savage hunting and Varmit rifles will have the accu-trigger. I will hold out for that as the trigger was the only real drawback to the Savage. They may not look as classy but for ME they provide the things that I want a rifle for at about the best price around. I do think however that I would always replace the scope on the package guns as soon as I could. There are some cheaper scopes around that I would trust completly but I have an Idea that the Package scopes are the cheapes thing they can find AS A RULE. That said I have never had any problem with the package scopes but I usually take them off and put them on my 22 rifles.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do not like Tikka's "one size fits all" action and mag!!
Not fond of plastic either! Give me a Winchester or a Savage any day!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first rifle was a Savage and my brothers first rifle was a Savage. My brothers will outshoot any rifle in his safe and mine will outshoot any rifle i have in my safe. Mines 22yrs old and ugly as all get out and was very accurate out of the box and still is and it's the only rifle in my safe that hasn't been bedded, floated, or had trigger work[]. I do have a handload worked up for it now but before that it also shot any factory bullet i fed it very well. My Savage will always be my bread and butter and i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. As for the Tikka i've handled a few and shot a couple and they were ok but nothing jumped out and amazed me. Don't get me wrong it's a nice rifle but i personally don't care to own one. I don't care for the one size fits all action and i especially don't like the plastic. I'd buy the Savage put a good scope on it and never look back.