Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning A Bolt White Gold Medallion??

Old 01-06-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Browning A Bolt White Gold Medallion??

Anyone have any experience with the Browning White Gold Medallion? Thinking about a 300 Mag in this gun. Also thinking about an all weather Ruger in same calibur or a Weatherby. Dont know if the expense is worth it on the Weatherby. All comments appreciated.

Love this sight and think it's great that so many hunters can get together and share their views! Most of the best people I have ever met are hunters and fishermen. Thanks. -Mike
Old 01-06-2004, 02:16 PM

Default RE: Browning A Bolt White Gold Medallion??

A farmer I hunt with has one, in 7mmRem Mag. It is both beautiful and very accurate. He has taken deer and elk with it, so it fills all his needs. Has a muzzle break, which is adjustable. He had to tweek it some, but soon got groups of about 3/4 in. at 100yds with 150gr handloaded Nosler Partitions.
Good Hunting,
Hal
Old 01-06-2004, 03:36 PM
bigcountry

great looking accurate guns. But they cost alot and really don't look like they could take alot of hunting without looking ugly by my beatings I put rifles thru.

Old 01-06-2004, 07:10 PM

I have one in .300 win mag. The rifle shoots well with very little recoil. (with the BOSS system) The trigger is really good and fully adjustable.It's hard to drag it out in the woods because it looks so nice. If I had it to do all over again I would buy an ugly gun.LOL The Ruger is also a nice rifle..the trigger is bad but can be worked.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a friend who owns a Browning Gold Medallion in .300 Win. Mag. with the BOSS Sys. The rifle shoots very very well, but the rifle is so pretty he has a hard time using it for hunting. Good luck.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:32 AM

i never owned one but for a time i was going to by one. love the way it looks. but decided on going with the cheaper a-bolt medallion.
what about the stainless stalker series from browning? if looking for a stainless
Old 01-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have a medalion but it is not gold. It is a great shooter with a really good factory trigger. Mine shoots sub MOA.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Browning A-bolt chambered in .308 Win. and love it. After a few years later I wanted another gun with more muscle. I almost bought a Gold Medallion in .300 Win Mag. I ended up getting the Weatherby MarkV deluxe in .300 Wby. Mag. instead. I liked the Weatherby's action and lumber better than the Browning's. They were pretty close in price. I also considered a few others in this price range. I don't think you will be dissapointed with either the Browning or Weatherby.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:09 AM

Thanks for all the input guys. It is much appreciated. The wife is buying so she wants me to get e pretty toy. I'll probably let her buy me this one and then I'll go get a nice synthetic in a different calibur. -Mike - From Shamokin PA -

Currently stranded in the Netherlands...This site really helps me get through it.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:04 PM

I had a white gold medallion and it was the prettiest firearm I ever owned. I had a silver Leupold Vari-XIII on top of it. It was also very accurate. Mine was a 300 Win Mag, because the store didn't have one in .270 when I bought it and deer season was getting close. I got rid of it because I like to shoot alot and it was killing me on the bench. But it got a nice 8 point and a coyote first trip out.