Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

reddots...

Old 12-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default reddots...

ok i have a mossberg 500 and have a rifled slugbarrel with the scope base.....all i need is a scope and im ready to tengo.....i was thinking of a reddot.....something diffrent....and the ease of if the dots where you want it your hitting there.....i been doing alot of drives this year and think it will make a nice scope....i mean im not one to shoot a running deer unless its close and i can do it and feel good about it but i dont always have time to stop them and when im moving on them with a normal scope i tend to lose the crosshairs...so i looked threw cabelas and reddots stood out.....will it make a good choice for my sluggun? can it take the recoil???? anyone want to recomend a good one for about 100bux or so?? i seen really cheap ones for like 30...then a bushnell for 110 i think....but know theres others....id love a leupold but it would be more then the gun....any suggestions?? my shots are fairly close....50 yds or so.......the guns a 12ga and ill be hunting deer....i think that covers most of the questions you may have.....im open for suggestions....it will be a while before i buy it....i want other things first....but it will be someday before next fall......anyone? thanx alot
Old 12-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: reddots...

i have the same shotgun and am looking to do the same thing. From what i have seen the Red dot sights work well in the woods, better than scopes.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 PM

Default RE: reddots...

The red dots are working good for hunting.Especially the shotguns because you can keep both eyes open if you wish and no worries about eye relief. I have a couple on pistols for hunting deer. Iv'e got a bsa cheapy that's still taking a pounding from a 6'' 357. Bushnell makes a nice one for under 100$ that you can dial in 4 different reticles and one of those are crosshairs. Most of the quality ones should take the recoil. www.natchezss.com has alot of optics at reasonable prices.