Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New gun again?

Old 12-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default New gun again?

While I was down to pick up my new 260 from my other post, I was visiting my kids. My oldest son bought a new Browning A bolt Stalker several years ago but hunting is not a big deal for him so He never even bought a shell for it or took it out of the house. He told me he bought a new computer and was going to sell that Browning for money for a new printer. I told him he just as well sell it to me and someday he would get it back so I bought it from him. Its never been fired as he bought it new. It is a 308 and has a Matte finish. Its the first Browning bolt I have ever had so I hope I will like it. I bought rings and bases for him when he bought the gun so its just add a scope and try it out as well. I am short on scopes now so it will take a while to get stocked up. I looked at a Nikon 3x9 Pro staff I think it was called. It had a Matte finsh and was about half the price of the Monarch. Anyone ever used one of those?
Old 12-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New gun again?

I haven't got a pro staff,looked at them and they look like a good scope.I do have 6 3x9 buck masters and 1 monarch scopes 4x12 and they have worked fine for me,had the cross hairs to break in one but they replaced it.I think the buckmasters are about 40 bucks more than the pro staff if that helps