Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

6.5 and 350 Rem mag...

Old 12-06-2003, 09:10 PM

Default 6.5 and 350 Rem mag...

Just read on another site how Remington is re-introducing the 6.5 Rem Mag(in the model 673) and how Ruger is now going to be chambering the 350 Rem mag in the M77.

This will be sure to please all 6.5 fans as they will have access to factory brass and such.

It has ALMOST been 40 years since their original introduction and I am wondering why they didn't find a following back then?? Could it been the somewhat "UGLY" rifles they were chambered in?? I guess the cartridges and laminated stocks were just too far ahead of their time back then....It took the 300 WSM to renew interest in these so called obselete cartridges.

I sure do luv my M600 in 350 Rem Mag.....but for some reason Moose hate the damn thing.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:20 PM

Default RE: 6.5 and 350 Rem mag...

Hi corey006,

Can't understand why the moose don't like it. I never got the opportunity to pick up either a 600 or a 660 before the prices skyrocketed. So the first 673 I had my hands on....I bought. It's a .350 Remington Magnum and I sighted it in with the factory 200 grain Corelokts. I've had it out Whitetail hunting twice but have yet to pull the trigger.

Next spring when the wife and I move back to Alaska I intend to work up a good load with either a 225 or a 250 grain premium bullet. (Usually I start with Nosler's Partitions and see what results I get with them before I try any thing else.) I will do my best to see if I can make it disagreeable with a few moose...myself!

I might have to look at the 6.5 Remington Magnum.....huummm..pretty nice mountain rifle!?!
Old 12-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 6.5 and 350 Rem mag...

Uh, oh the 6.5 is coming back out! I may just have to get me one of those! Perfect deer and antelope medicine I'd imagine. This could be fun! I was glad to see the 350 come back out, sure it isn't much more than a 35 Whelen in a different package, but I like those short action guns, and think its a heck of a cartridge.

Gordon