Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Charles Daily shotgun???

Old 12-05-2003, 08:19 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Charles Daily shotgun???

I'm looking at picking up a new semi-auto shot gun and found a inexpensive one that looks and feels great. It's a Charles Dailey....all camo...with a light weight reciever. Anybody have any expeince with Charles Dailey?
Old 12-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Charles Daily shotgun???

voz, take this advice with a grain of salt, I'm someone who expects to put tens of thousands of rounds a year through a shotgun without a hiccup. But from what I've seen of them, stay away, stay far away! I've seen to many fall apart on the sporting clays course or the skeet range. Now if you just want to take it dove hunting a few times a year it may not be a problem, but don't get it if you plan on shooting a lot. Instead look at the beretta's they sell at Wal Mart (the 3901 I think it is), that is basically just a plain jane version of the 390 which is a great gun in anyone's book. If you can't spare the $500 for one of those either look at a pump (870 or similar), or look for a used auto.

Gordon
Old 12-05-2003, 10:37 PM

Most of the problems that I have seen or heard regarding the Charles Daly auto shotguns are jams caused by useing light target loads. I agree that the Daly isn't a shotgun for the serious clay shooter. However, if your looking for a hunting shotgun I think you'll be fine.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:15 AM

dont charles daily's have a lifetime warrenty, no matter what happens?
Old 12-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

A warranty don't fix a poorly performing gun while you're shooting ducks.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

A guy at work bought a Charles Daily. It was suppose to have a 3" chamber. The box was marked 3". When he went to use it,it was a 2 3/4".He took it back to Wal*Mart, they had three or four of them in stock all were incorrect.If you decide to buy one check to make sure they are the 3" it's suppose to be.Mistakes happen.Needless to say he returned it and bought a Beretta they had.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

From what I understand, when the first Charles Daly shotguns hit the market about 8 years ago, they were having problems with the quality of them from the manufatcure. Charles Daly is the importer not the actual manufacture. In the past 3 years they have changed manufacture of their shotguns and the quality has gone up dramatically. The first were very prone to internal parts breakage, but I have not heard of this being much of a problem with newer Charles Daly's. They are not in the league of the Beretta, Benelli, Browning, etc., but then again for $300, you won't have a Beretta, Benelli, Browning, or even a Remington.

Check out the Firearms Review Forum for more info on Charles Daly shotguns.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:59 AM

You normally don't get much in cheap autos or cheap over and unders. If you want an inexpensive shotgun, I'd look at a pump.