Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Good rifle for a 12 yr old

Old 12-03-2003, 04:45 PM

Default Good rifle for a 12 yr old

I'm using my dad's user name, I'm 12 yrs. old and was wandering what make and caliber rifle would be good for me, I'm a big boy 125 pounds and very good with a shotgun, and shoot other types of rifles like AR-15, .22. My dad always tell me that stand hunting is where your gonna see a lot of deer. He told me that he already had in mind what he was gonna get me. It probly will be my birthday before I get it that's in April. I just wanted to get some opions.
I live in NC. and hunt whitetail's

Thanks, Chris
Old 12-03-2003, 05:25 PM

Default RE: Good rifle for a 12 yr old

Hi rustydale(Jr?),

Well it sounds to me like your dad is doing a pretty great job up to this point! I would think that if he already has something in mind....it is probably gonna be just about perfect for your needs. Beyond that.....?

There are many caliber/cartridge/rifle combinations that will do the job. Keep talking with your Dad...and once you've learned his preferences...you may be on your way to your answer!

Good luck....sure you'll love it!