Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The better SCOPE FOR MY RIFLE

Old 02-09-2002, 10:06 PM

Default RE: The better SCOPE FOR MY RIFLE

I have a 6.5x24x50 leupold now Im looking for a 4.5x14x50 I only plan on using it once I hate to put the same money in it and then retire it to the gun safe. was considering the swift's

Mike
Old 02-09-2002, 10:37 PM

Greets again,
Ok guys, guess I was a bit strong in my last post. I will admit IF I had the extra $$ to spend I would be shooting with a much nicer scope, a Leupold perhaps. I did not mean to indicate that either Tasco or Simmons had the quality or clarity. BUT For someone on a lower budget who still wants to enjoy shooting and or hunting, a tasco or a Simmons makes a fine scope, in my VERY limmited experience.
Just reread my first post before you comment, I did at that time admit them to be lower end scopes. As for the majority here who have the nicer more expensive scopes, you can laugh at me when in a few years ( hopefully I beat the apparent record and make it quite a few years ) I need to replace my Simmons.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry
Old 02-10-2002, 08:08 AM

Adui13
start saving now and when the time comes you will already have the $$$ saved.
My wife freaked out when I told her what I spent on one she said "you only have $400 in the gun and it shoots bullets"
Old 02-10-2002, 08:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with everyone that mentioned the Leupold Vari-XII 3-9x40 (I think Bass Pro shops still has it in a gloss finish for under $200), also I think the 3-9 VX-I is about $200 dollars from cabelas. I have hade some pretty good experiences with the Bushnell pistol scope, i.e. no problem yet (I shoot HEAVY 44mag loads that have ripped two Tasco scopes apart, literally) But, if there is no real reason to rush this purchase then I would save up and buy, the Leupold. I could have bought a Leupold for the time and money it cost for the Bushnell and Tasco.

Gordon
Old 02-10-2002, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Id like to get a new scope myself, but need to spend my cash in other things right now. One thing Ive learned about this topic is that everyone has an opinion. Buy what you can afford and enjoy the sport. What gets me is that people call some scopes junk. If thats the case how are some companies still in business? Seems to me with a poor product your customer base would drop and you would go out of business.