Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Traditions Firestorm muzzle loader

Old 04-09-2024, 04:40 AM
Banned

Default Traditions Firestorm muzzle loader

I finally got my new firestorm on paper yesterday, a day with hardly any wind and no rain, I wanted to get it sighted in at 25, 50, and 100 yds but the range I use that has benches for targets out to 200 yds was closed so I went to one that had a bench at 25 yards because I really wanted to shoot the rifle.. I was using Thompson center sabboted 250 grn Shock wave bullets and 120 grain eq. firesticks with federal 209 primers in the breech. The boar sighting was centered well but the elevation was 2 inches low as I found at the first shot. I fired five shots and walked it up till it was dead center on the last two shots. I pulled the 3rs shot off a bit to the right somehow. I now need to get it on the bench at 50 and 100 yards to see where I will be and tweak for longer distance. I am happy with the rifle and the Traditions 4 to 9 scope is clear. Looking forward to PA's early muzzleloader season. I probably will use it in all the firearm seasons.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it was me, I would go right to 100 yd. If it's on at 25 and 100, I can live with where ever it hits at 50 yd.