Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

will riding around with your gun in the truck move you scope

Old 11-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default will riding around with your gun in the truck move you scope

i' m wondering because mine is in the truck all the time and didn' t want to viberate my scope off
Old 11-03-2003, 02:07 PM

Default RE: will riding around with your gun in the truck move you scope

I don' t think it will, but you might check it every now and then to make sure. Also, maybe get a case with some foam in it or something, just to absorb some of the shock.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a quality scope,mounts and rings you shouldn' t have a problem.It wouldn' t hurt to recheck your rifle on occasions.If you have See-Thru' s any small bump can or will change your POI.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-03-2003, 03:03 PM

Like these two gentlemen said, it " shouldn' t" . Never leave anything to chance though and check it fairly often. Is it in a rack, or bouncing around on the floor behind the seat?
Old 11-03-2003, 09:25 PM

A lot of guys working on ranches keep guns in their trucks for predator control. If they don' t have problems, Im sure you wont. They drive very fast over very rough roads, so I have seen.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

my scope is a nikon buckmaster and i have the gun laying behind the seat the gun is in a hard plastic case with foam in it
Old 11-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

It' s not the vibration that causes problems but rather the impacts to the scope and mounts that usually occur while guns ride around in trucks.The guns usually end up bouncing off parts of the interior when riding on rough roads.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I, being one of the ranchers mentioned above, usually keep a glassed SKS in my pick up, it' s in a custom enclosed rack I built behind the seat, it' s vertical in the corner of the cab with thick, dense foam between it and all pressure points and cased in 20ga steel to keep anything from hitting it...I' ve never had a problem with my POI changing (rather my POA moving itself from my POI). As long as you don' t let your rifle get whacked a lot, it' s not going to move as long as you' ve got qualilty hardware.

BTW, most of us around here that keep a rifle in the truck for varmint control or to put out sick/injured animals don' t use a glassed rifle for it, reason being that the rifle is probably going to see a lot of different types of action, most commonly being close up and pretty exciting occasionally. A glass is a huge investment for ranchers, one that' s not really a good idea for them. i.e. if you' re probably going to be beating something up pretty bad, it' s not a good idea to have a large investment in it in case it breaks.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:47 AM

my scope is a nikon buckmaster and i have the gun laying behind the seat the gun is in a hard plastic case with foam in it
You shouldn' t have any problem with it.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

It has never bothered any of mine but I shoot them every few days and would always check the zero before hunting season.

Quick Reply: will riding around with your gun in the truck move you scope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.