Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

will riding around with your gun in the truck move you scope

Old 11-06-2003, 12:11 PM

Default RE: will riding around with your gun in the truck move you scope

DeerHunter21,

It sounds like you have a pretty good scope, and you seem to have it well protected. Assuming you have a good solid mounting system and nothing " unusual" happens to the case....I don' t think you' ll have any problems.

To hedge your bet though...check your zero from time to time!

Good luck.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:59 PM

like most of the posts in here, i would say a gun case with foam would be ideal but failing that, wrapping a towel, swandry or similar around the scope and breech area should suffice, as long as it wont be rolling round all over the floor or anything silly.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

a good hard case like you got should be fine......my friend had a winchester model 70 featherweight laying behing his seat on a pile of clothes in a soft case...he forgot it was like that and slid in my gun in a hard case and when he got to the range his scope was bent...the bell bent way down...he was ruff putting my gun back there thats what he gets....it was a good scope too....i think a big simmons atech..i do believe they sent him a new one even if it was his fault.....he still didnt learn his lesson
Old 11-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chances are more than even that it WILL!!! Sooner or later! WHEN depends on the scope make and type, strength of the mount you use, whether you use Loctite or not, etc., etc. But I recommend you verify your zero often if the gun stays in the truck!!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:45 PM

it had happened to me with my .17 the scope vibrated so it shot 4 inches to the left i blew a ground hogs ass off that way