Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sweet rifle

Old 10-27-2003, 04:36 AM

Default Sweet rifle

Well I took the Henry Big Boy to Ky this weekend to sight it in and guess what??? The sites are right on at 75 yards!! My buddy and I were putting 5 rounds in a 4" circle at 75 yards. We were shooting resting the barrel against a tree. This is one sweet shooting rifle. I have no doubt that if I get a shot at a deer this year it will take it down. I love this rifle. If you can find one buy it. They are good looking, great shooting and just fun to shoot.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:49 AM

Default RE: Sweet rifle

Man, now you are just rubbing it in and making me jealous! . Sounds like the gun isa shooter, very accurate for open sights in that caliber and distance. What kind of loads did you decide on?
Old 10-27-2003, 10:56 AM

Default RE: Sweet rifle

BigBore...sorry man! It' s is an exceptional shooting rifle right out of the box. I guess since Henry is only going to make a 1000 of them then they didn' t hold back. I went to WalMart and bought a box of Remington 240gr jacketed soft points. They shot so well that I will not try anything else. If I bench rest it and try other loads I might be able to get the size down to under an inch. It is a sweet gun to shoot!!