Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 SPS in 30-06

Old 12-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redmag
Thanks Nomercy, Doesn't sound like a buy and go hunting gun. His usage here in WV is almost always under 100yds.
Don't get me wrong, when I talked about free floating and bedding to make it as accurate as any 700, I'm talking about simple corrections that will bring it out to ranges like 600-1000yrds+ for killing deer, not just 100yrd "normal" hunting ranges.

Any Rem 700 off of the shelf, barring some unique issue that made it past quality control, will kill deer at 100yrds with ease. Most of them leave the factory these days shooting better than 1-1.5MOA with factory loads. You might find a rifle that doesn't like a certain brand or bullet weight, but usually, they'll meet those marks. 1-1.5MOA will kill deer to 400-500yrds.

In other words - if you're hunting deer 0-300yrds, a Rem 700 SPS is a buy and go hunting gun.