Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

nOOb to the forum.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Spike

Default nOOb to the forum.

Just found ya'lls site. I belong to a state fire arm site, but it seems like most of the users are in the populated southern portion, so there is little talk about hunting rfiles, and more geared towards CC, and semi auto sporting rifles.
I have a variety of firearms and can relate to all, however in my state semi rifles are not permitted, so I thought I would look for another place to share more of my interest.

I received this Remington ADL .270 from my late father, and it seemed like a sweet shooter, once I got the scope on it, the trigger had some creep, so I was able to find something online on the adjustment (thankfully not on the recall list), I then was able to polish the transfer bar with my dremal and jewelers rouge. . Using this step by step instruction for setting up the trigger, I didn't mess with any of the springs as my spring selection is to narrow here at the house. After performing the required safety checks, it seemed to tighten up my groups.
http://www.homegunsmith.com/archive/T21030.html
I asked my wife for a McMillan stock and Wyatt M4 magazine conversion kit for Xmas and got it together with little filing and sanding.I was able to get it out today at the range, everything cycled well with no issues, and thought I would share it with ya'll as my first post.

Trigger transfer bar prior to polishing.

Transfer bar after polishing...

I was able to get to the range and try out my ADL with the new McMillan sporter stock my wife got me for Christmas. I can say the groups where more consistent, and believe the over the counter Winchester 130 grain power points tightened up.
The bore was freshly cleaned and copper defouled, it began to settle down after 6-8 rounds.
The Wyatts M4 magazine conversion cycles well, no jams, but you have to retract the bolt fully to the very end of the receiver to actively engage the next round.

Last edited by Tollster; 12-27-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting, nice rifle, and welcome to the forum.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wingbone
Nice shooting, nice rifle, and welcome to the forum.
Thank you Wingbone, I poked around here some and its seems like there are some good rooms with knowledgeable contributors.
With a name like that, I'm thinking Turkey hunter?
Old 12-28-2014, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

that'll work, welcome to the forum.
RR
Old 12-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a very nice set-up! Congrats... and welcome.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome newbie!
Old 12-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Happy Holidays and welcome !
Old 12-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

tollster, what part of Pa. you from? im in Indiana County. nice looking rifle.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
tollster, what part of Pa. you from? im in Indiana County. nice looking rifle.
Thankss for the welcome ya'll. I just surfed in last night, I live very rural, north central PA, 45 minutes from Wal-mart. I enjoy hunting and fishing quite a bit and have quite a few fire amrs, mix of shotguns, rifles, and pistols, I don't reload, although kicked it around a few times. I guess my most prized rifle'shots guns would be an old Parker side by side with hammers, a model 06 Winchester, and my Weatheryby 270 lazermark Magnum. Pistol wise, it would be hard saying, I like my H&R's, and my super redhawk.. I love trout fishing, and was out Muskey fishing last week on the river.. Just a little bit about me, I don't know everything, but if I can help in any way. Once again, thanks for the warm welcome..~Tol

Last edited by Tollster; 12-28-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome from the SW corner of Pa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.