Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Tests.

Old 10-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gun Tests.

I have picked up a copy or 2 of this little publication, looks like it is pretty well unbiased to any gun manufacturer and they seem to tell it just like it is, After reading a copy or 2 I subscribe to it, I think its was just 24 bucks a year, anyone else saw this publication?
Old 10-06-2003, 04:17 AM

Default RE: Gun Tests.

i have been getting it for about a year now..

good stuf.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I have saw it! It is unbiased, but they base their rating of a particular gun, and often their rating of a manufactrer, on the test of ONE ITEM! This means their results are valid for the one they tested, but not for any given model by any given manufacturer, and certainly not for a company as a whole! I believe this subject has been beaten to death on at least one if not more forums in the past year or so!!

There are people who buy every evaluation they print, then some of us who are familiar with the world of research and statistical analysis who say their " N" is too small for a valid result. Let' s not do this again!!
Old 10-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Be it cars, trucks, fourwheelers, or guns, whatever! You can find a magazine that will print raving rewiews about things that in reality are junk!
Really, you can find articles that praise something, and rate it higher than every other product in it' s class! I don' t and won' t trust my decision to some writer that may or may not be getting a payoff from some company to push their product!
Even in most reputable gun magazines, I can' t remember the last time I read a bad review of a gun or scope! Same with trucks and other mags! Advertizing is where they make their money, so they ain' t going to bad-mouth their sponsors!
The best way to find out about guns is to try all of them that you can for yourself, or talk to as many other owners that you can, see what they think.
Also, talk to people who work on these guns, you can find one that is reputable, and not sold out to one manufacturer or another!
Good luck!
Old 10-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man you guys have just about changed my mind, I think I will tear my check up and not subscribe to it.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

I subscribed for years until they tested several 1911' s for a head to head comparison.

In the accuracy test, the guns with the big names i.e. Colt, Kimber etc. had worse groups than some others and yet they played them up to be more accurate.
I did not re-new my subscription.
I do like the fact that they supposedly buy there guns locally instead of having them sent to them by the manufacturers.
But like so many others have said , that is just one gun and not a good cross section of what that manufacturer might make.
Kinda like the rest of the gun evaluations by other magazines.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I USED to be a subscriber
Old 10-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I find thier articles pretty informative. I don,t think your the type to believe everything you read so I would buy it enjoy it and take thier opinions and add them to other factors to help make a decision. There is not a grassy nole in every case.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do enjoy reading about the latest firearms out thier ,but have found a few that don' t come close to being as good as the review ,Do you think someone would pay them for a biased review. LOL
Old 10-07-2003, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can go the route I go and that is to handle them in a store ..ignore gunwriters..ignore the clerk behind the counter and take it home and try it out. If it works out keep it if not get rid of it and on to next ...

Quick Reply: Gun Tests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.